Wanted: sightings of T. kurabayashii (giant purple trillium)

howard bruner

Apr 11, 2014, 8:11:19 PM4/11/14
to mid-vall...@googlegroups.com
Hello nature lovers all

I am trying to get an idea of the presence of this plant in the mid-Willamette Valley.  I am aware of 3 distinct populations: One on private land in Lewisburg; one at Witham Hill Natural Area and Path; and, thanks to Jessica B., another in Willamette Park.  I would greatly appreciate any other sightings in the form of approx. stem number and general location (more specific is better but I do not want to make it a chore).

The white patches on the leaves in the photos are spent cherry blossoms.

Thanks for any and all help

Trillium kurabayashii (giant purple trillium)2.JPG
Trillium kurabayashii (giant purple trillium).JPG