Jagged Ambush Bug

C H

Sep 3, 2015, 4:45:46 PM9/3/15
to mid-vall...@googlegroups.com
This is my first attempt at posting to this site, so I hope I've done
it correctly?

I found this curious dragon-like bug on a rudbeckia in my garden, near
Ankeny Wildlife Refuge, yesterday. I've identified it as a Jagged
Ambush Bug.
I'd like to know more about this species in Oregon?

CH
IMG_7201 dragon.jpg
IMG_7202 dragon.jpg
IMG_7217 dragon.jpg
IMG_7215 dragon.jpg
IMG_7205 dragon.jpg
IMG_7206 dragon.jpg
IMG_7207 dragon.jpg
IMG_7208 dragon.jpg

howard bruner

Sep 3, 2015, 6:08:29 PM9/3/15
to C H, mid-vall...@googlegroups.com
Hi CH

Nice shots! I found a pair of these last year on Finley. I can't add much more info than what you have found out but here are the photos I posted last year:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mid-valley-nature/by$20h/mid-valley-nature/5eN-cQpbdxA/KxpiQKDBRLUJ

Sep 4, 2015, 12:57:11 PM9/4/15
to Mid-Valley Nature, cjhgr...@gmail.com
Thank you, Howard!  Your pics are excellent.