Build 1877 ?

Nicolas Pougetoux

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98
I got the Build 1877. Is there a newer version of NT5b2 ?
Nicolas.Pougetoux.vcf

Stefan Compton

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
Not Yet.

Nicolas Pougetoux <Nicolas....@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr> wrote in message
36266C6F...@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr...

Vladimir Sinitsyn

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
There always is - but it's not available to mere mortals such as ourselves
:-)

-Vladimir

Thomas Lee

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
In article <36266C6F...@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr>, Nicolas Pougetoux
<Nicolas....@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr> writes

>I got the Build 1877. Is there a newer version of NT5b2 ?

Depends on who you are. Unless you work at Microsoft, the answer is
probably NO.

>[ A MIME text / x-vcard part was included here. ]

Please configure you news client to NOT put vcards here. Thanks

Thomas

--
Thomas Lee (m...@psp.co.uk)
Microsoft Backoffice MVP

Alex Green

Oct 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/16/98
:))

1903

Vladimir Sinitsyn <ir...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
ue4upSW#9GA...@uppssnewspub05.moswest.msn.net...

>There always is - but it's not available to mere mortals such as ourselves
>:-)
>
>-Vladimir
>
>Nicolas Pougetoux wrote in message
<36266C6F...@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr>...

Kevin Lam

Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
1906

Thomas Lee wrote:

> In article <36266C6F...@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr>, Nicolas Pougetoux
> <Nicolas....@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr> writes

> >I got the Build 1877. Is there a newer version of NT5b2 ?

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Oct 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/17/98
And you're posting with Netscape?
Microsoft employee is certainly not a possibility here... :)

I think we're talking about builds generally available... among which yours
is not.

_______________________________________
Aaron Bertrand [MVP]
Senior Web Technologist
9th Square, Inc.

"When the President does it,
that means it is not illegal."
- Richard Nixon

Kevin Lam <north...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
3628B7C2...@hotmail.com...
>1906

Stefan Assmann

Oct 18, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/18/98
"Stefan Compton" <stefan....@compaq.com> wrote:

>Not Yet.

No? Than tell me I'm doing here with build 1909?
Regards,
Stefan
Stefan....@village.uunet.be
http://www.stefan98.com

Shadow

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
I'm downloading #1906 now, if it ever completes. Freaking
5.5k/sec - the whole world must be trying to snag it too...

Vladimir Sinitsyn <ir...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
ue4upSW#9GA...@uppssnewspub05.moswest.msn.net...
>There always is - but it's not available to mere mortals such as ourselves
>:-)
>
>-Vladimir
>
>Nicolas Pougetoux wrote in message
<36266C6F...@ecl1999.ec-lyon.fr>...

Thomas Lee

Oct 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/20/98
In article <eGy7J4E$9GA...@uppssnewspub05.moswest.msn.net>, Shadow
<Larry....@mci.com> writes

>I'm downloading #1906 now, if it ever completes.

Two points:

1. This is not a legitimate build. It has not been released and can only
be found (outside of MS) on warez sites. If you have access to this
legitimately, you may discover your NDA forbids you to discuss these
publicly.

2. It may not be very stable. 1906 is one of a set of daily builds. You
may find it works, but you may also find issues. If you do have
problems, please report these to the place you got the build from,
rather than here.

> Freaking
>5.5k/sec - the whole world must be trying to snag it too...

If you will download warez, I suppose you deserve what you get (or, in
this case, don't get). :-(

Shadow

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
>>I'm downloading #1906 now, if it ever completes.
>
>Two points:
>
>1. This is not a legitimate build. It has not been released and can only
>be found (outside of MS) on warez sites. If you have access to this
>legitimately, you may discover your NDA forbids you to discuss these
>publicly.

Funny, I don't see anyone discussing any issues with this build publicly. I
just mentioned it was coming down the pipe. I may install it, then again I
may not; who cares if I update #1877 anyway?

>2. It may not be very stable. 1906 is one of a set of daily builds. You
>may find it works, but you may also find issues. If you do have
>problems, please report these to the place you got the build from,
>rather than here.

No one is reporting problems about #1906 build, just a simple statement
about it coming down the pipe...

>> Freaking
>>5.5k/sec - the whole world must be trying to snag it too...
>
>If you will download warez, I suppose you deserve what you get (or, in
>this case, don't get). :-(

No one said it was off a warez site, what if it is a legitimate site? Calm
down buddy, go get yourself another cup of coffee...

Shannon T. Hill

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
Thomas was merely trying to head off any potential problems for you by
stating a couple of things. There are many ways for people to obtain
illegal versions of NT 5.0 builds and often times they will pass them along
to friends or post them on the web.

Sooner or later we begin to get a bunch of people that are seeking help for
unsupported builds because it crashed their machines, etc, which simply
slows down the beta process. In order to properly participate in the beta
program, only official beta released builds can be used, etc. It becomes
frustrating when people break those rules and then later seek help.

Be weary of any builds that are not official beta released builds,
regardless of where it comes from (including from MS buddies :-)
--
** Shannon **
Mr. Shannon T. Hill
Shadow <Larry....@mci.com> wrote in message
O8b20bP$9GA...@uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net...

Thomas Lee

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
In article <O8b20bP$9GA...@uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net>, Shadow
<Larry....@mci.com> writes

>>>I'm downloading #1906 now, if it ever completes.
>>
>>Two points:
>>
>>1. This is not a legitimate build. It has not been released and can only
>>be found (outside of MS) on warez sites. If you have access to this
>>legitimately, you may discover your NDA forbids you to discuss these
>>publicly.
>
>Funny, I don't see anyone discussing any issues with this build publicly. I
>just mentioned it was coming down the pipe. I may install it, then again I
>may not; who cares if I update #1877 anyway?
>

>>2. It may not be very stable. 1906 is one of a set of daily builds. You
>>may find it works, but you may also find issues. If you do have
>>problems, please report these to the place you got the build from,
>>rather than here.
>
>No one is reporting problems about #1906 build, just a simple statement
>about it coming down the pipe...
>

>>> Freaking
>>>5.5k/sec - the whole world must be trying to snag it too...
>>
>>If you will download warez, I suppose you deserve what you get (or, in
>>this case, don't get). :-(
>
>No one said it was off a warez site, what if it is a legitimate site? Calm
>down buddy, go get yourself another cup of coffee...

Thomas Lee

Oct 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/21/98
In article <O8b20bP$9GA...@uppssnewspub04.moswest.msn.net>, Shadow
<Larry....@mci.com> writes
>Funny, I don't see anyone discussing any issues with this build publicly.

You mentioned it - I didn't.

>just mentioned it was coming down the pipe. I may install it, then again I
>may not; who cares if I update #1877 anyway?

It is unlikely that you will have access, legitiately, to later builds
and not have access to the support forums that go with that access
(hint: this is not that place).

>>2. It may not be very stable. 1906 is one of a set of daily builds. You
>>may find it works, but you may also find issues. If you do have
>>problems, please report these to the place you got the build from,
>>rather than here.
>
>No one is reporting problems about #1906 build, just a simple statement
>about it coming down the pipe...

See above.

>>> Freaking
>>>5.5k/sec - the whole world must be trying to snag it too...
>>
>>If you will download warez, I suppose you deserve what you get (or, in
>>this case, don't get). :-(
>
>No one said it was off a warez site, what if it is a legitimate site? Calm
>down buddy, go get yourself another cup of coffee...

There are no legitimate sites for this build outside Microsoft. And if
you have legitimate access, you will know what your NDA says.

Please: if you want brag rights, use the warez forums (those folks seem
more impressed with interim builds). Here we concentrate on the builds
that are legitimate.

Thomas