Is this a virus? ________ mystery file keeps appearing.

dh

Jan 13, 2003, 4:45:48 AM1/13/03
It has shown up a couple times now, at the top of every local hard drive and partition.

________
(eight underscores and no file extension, 0 bytes, archive attribute is set.)

Deleted all 4 of them the first time. Stayed gone several days, reappeared just now... seems
weird! Norton antivirus thinks the computer is clean. I could not find this file name mentioned
in a virus encyclpaedia (tried @ mcaffee too). Could not find anything in MS knowledge base.
Found a couple usenet threads of ppl asking the very same question, oldest from 1999 and
regarding Windows 98. No answers! I write regarding Win XP Pro SP1. I am scared of this
obviously harmless file and the angry spirits who are placing it everywhere!~ Please write to
me with soothing words and/or solution answers.

--
dh
--

redact lie to reply: dhexIL...@pacbell.net