Can I log in to an account that's not shown on the welcome screen?

1 view

dh

Jan 13, 2003, 4:47:57 AM1/13/03
Is there any way to login as an XP user when the account name is hidden on the Welcome screen?

I use the "Logon" settings in TweakUI to hide some accounts. Is there no way to get logged in &
see the desktop without un-hiding the name, switching out to the Welcome screen, then logging
in normally?

I am hoping there's a way to call up a user & password prompt... on the command line maybe?
Thanks for posting if you know the answer.

--
dh
--

redact lie to reply: dhexIL...@pacbell.net

Mike Brannigan [MS]

Jan 13, 2003, 5:55:56 AM1/13/03
"dh" <dhexLOVE...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> Is there any way to login as an XP user when the account name is
hidden on the Welcome screen?

Yes - Just press CTRL-ALT-DEL twice (quickly) and you will get the older
login dialog box.
Just enter the name and password of the account you want to use.

--
Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [MS]

rights

Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions.
Please use these newsgroups

James

Jan 13, 2003, 5:58:46 AM1/13/03
Go to the user account menu, and click 'Change the way users log on or off'.
Uncheck "Welcome Screen" then anyone can log on with a user name and
password.

Hope this helps
James