W2K8 Media Server LAN to External

Notanee

Jan 29, 2009, 5:46:51 PM1/29/09
Hi there. I have Windows 2008 Media Server. I currently have two issues, one
is this annoying event log that I can't get rid of, even with the plug-in
disabled.

The Windows Media server failed.

Error code: 0xc00d1583

Error text: The plug-in 'WMS Advanced FF/RW Format Media Parser' cannot be
loaded on this version of Windows.

The other is I can't get any streams outside of the network to work.

<CABLE MODEM> <LINKSYS (192.168.0.254) DHCP is OFF> <W2K8 Server w/Media
Services (192.168.0.1) DHCP service is ON>

The server has two NICs

One goes to the LINKSYS, the other to a 40 port ethernet switch where all
the nodes of the network are connected. We have bridged these two NICs

Now, we can set up Windows Media Encoder 9 to push a stream to the server
and create a publishing point dynamically. Any workstation within the
network can tune into the publishing point without issue.

NO Client outside the local network can tune in. Windows Media Encoder 9 on
a PC outside of the network can successfully authenticate when pushing a
stream. But the stream lasts 4-5 seconds then the encoder stops with the
following errors:

0xC00D2EE6 and 0xC00D0005

The W2K8 Server has firewall turned off for DOMAIN, PUBLIC and PRIVATE.
There is no Webserver installed.

IP: 192.168.0.1, Subnet: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.0.254

Port forwarding on LINKSYS have been made for the following ports: 80, 554,
1755, 5005

WMS = V9.5.6001.18161

What is my problem??

PeterSimard

Jan 30, 2009, 9:14:01 PM1/30/09
Hi;

I am having a similar problem as others with WMS.

I have WMS setup on a Windows Server 2008 box.
Windows firewall is not on.
The server is behind a dlink router

I can access the content that is exposed via a WMS publishing point on the
LAN...

When I try to access the same location ; but via the internet I get the
generic “can’t access file” error. I have followed the instructions as
defined on
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/serve/firewall.aspx
(for opeining ports on the router).

The only thing I had not done was the specific part about registering ports
for DCOM; which I got from the reading I had done that this was only for
remote admin of WMS – which I was not doing,
Is anyone else having issues with WMS on WS2008?

Peter

Chris Knowlton [MSFT]

Feb 7, 2009, 1:42:00 AM2/7/09
This sounds like a known issue on Windows Media Services 2008 when streaming
behind some NAT firewalls, proxies, and load balancers. Fortunately, there
is a very simple workaround until a permanent fix is available. Please see
http://blogs.msdn.com/randomnumber/archive/2008/09/05/wmp-unable-to-connect-to-wms-9-5-wms-returning-503-service-unavailable.aspx for details.

-Chris

AngelReign

Apr 18, 2009, 5:13:51 AM4/18/09

Create Virtual Network (External), choose my primary physical network
card. ... The legacy NIC is an emulation of the same NIC emulated in
VPC/Virtual Server. ... Does it show as media disconnected or do you get
prompted to install the drivers? ... In my virtual Machine OS (w2k8)
Network Connection, I saw LAN with

by: 'IP PBX'
(http://www.inin.com/ProductSolutions/Pages/Enterprise-Interaction-Center.aspx)

--