Etrust Antivirus on SBS2003 Std

TR

Apr 8, 2006, 12:28:26 PM4/8/06
Hi everyone,

I have an SBS 2003 Std installation and I installed Computer Associates
Etrust Anti-Virus 7.1. I have not been able to get a successful download of
the AV signature updates from their FTP site on the SBS machine.

The errors are as follows from the AV log

AV distribution program started the download process.
Configuration file: C:\WINNT\TEMP\33b25F.tmp
--- Attempting to download from host number 1 - FTP_0 ---
The connection method selected is FTP
AV Distribution is loading the configuration data.
Downloading from FTP site ftpav.ca.com.
User name for FTP logon: anonymous.
No Proxy Server Specified.
Using Download Path (/pub/inoculan/scaneng/)
Opening the connection.
Connecting to the Internet.
Setting connection timeout to 60 seconds
Log on to the connection.
Connecting to the FTP Server (ftpav.ca.com).
Download directory: C:\Program Files\CA\SharedComponents\ScanEngine\
Incoming.
Downloading the list of signature files.
Error downloading file /pub/inoculan/scaneng/Siglist2.txt
The request has timed out.
Internet error message 200 Type okay..
Internet error message 200 Type okay..
Error downloading file /pub/inoculan/scaneng/Siglist.txt
The connection with the server has been reset.
Internet error message .
Finished download process unsuccessfully.

I have other SBS installations that are similar to this one and I have no
problem downloading the signatures....
Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
TR

Russ Grover - SBITS.Biz

Apr 8, 2006, 2:32:34 PM4/8/06
I've seen A similar problem about 3 years Ago,
andI found the Fix at CA

Try searching the CA Forum and support
You should be able to find out the solution there...

Russ

--

Russ Grover
SBS2003 Rocks

"TR" <tsomething@somewhere> wrote in message

Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]

Apr 8, 2006, 2:41:07 PM4/8/06
I wonder if this is just a temporary glitch with CA's FTP server. As you
probably know, that log is normal right through "Downloading the list of
signature files." I don't see what could be wrong on your end that would
let you connect and authenticate to the FTP server, but would then cause a
timeout in downloading the files. I just tried it now and ftpav.ca.com
seemed to respond normally (but I don't need a download so can't be 100%
sure).

I'd give it a few more tries.

TR

Apr 8, 2006, 4:55:42 PM4/8/06
I can log into multiple SBS servers remotely that are using this same
version of Etrust and downlod with no problem, but this particular server
has issues....

TR

"Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]" <gwdi...@NOSPAM.frontiernet.net> wrote in message

Dave Nickason [SBS MVP]

Apr 10, 2006, 12:21:12 PM4/10/06
About the only other thing I can think of is to recheck all the settings,
and the permissions on the directory where eTrust is going to put the
updates. But I think if it were a permission issue, that would be getting
logged. You could try playing with active/passive ftp settings (there's one
in the eTrust page where you set the FTP info).

Can you manually update the signatures?

"TR" <tsomething@somewhere> wrote in message

Tom Walker

Apr 11, 2006, 10:07:17 AM4/11/06
Don't know if this helps but I had similar problems last year when I
transferred eTrust 7.1 from my SBS 4.5 server.

Looked back in my emails with the support group and found "it worked
fine after changing the eTrust AV Job Server to Admin logon."

Might be worth a try.

TR

Apr 13, 2006, 5:08:42 PM4/13/06
I'll give it a shot.