UPS Worldship communication problem

George Gardei

Dec 7, 2004, 8:29:04 PM12/7/04
We have finally replaced our SBS 4.5 Server with our SBS 2k3 server and got
most of our clients migrated, however we have a serious problem. Our shipping
departments are not able to communicate through ISA using the UPS WorldShip
Software.

UPS World path needs to transmit shipping information with UPS at the end of
each day. However, since we migrated those clients, none of the clients
running the software were able to transmit their data to UPS. After three
days, UPS will no longer except the data and lock us out. Tomorrow (12/8) is
day three.

Here is what I know; this information provided by tech support at UPS

+TCP/IP ports 80 and 443 must be allowed out through the proxy - and back in.
+Allow outbound TCP/IP traffic to either: *.ups.com OR - The 153.2 network
- The entire 153.2

The error we are receiving relates to a failure to validate the username and
password on the proxy server. (We are using ISA 2000) The username, password
is correct, and they are the same username and password used by the user to
log into that workstation. The user is a member of the Domain Users and
Internet Users security groups. All clients are able to browse the internet
through Internet Explorer.

The last tech I spoke to mentioned that UPS WorldShip does not support
username and password encryption through the proxy server. The tech said I
would have to disable the encryption in order for the UPS software to work.
How do I do this?

Also, we have hired a consultant to assist us with the server upgrade
project, however he and I were not able to get this software to communicate.
Also, I have requested a Tech from UPS to come and assist us, but I doubt
they will help us to configure ISA.

I am hoping that there is someone out there who has experience setting up
the UPS World ship software's communications through ISA. I greatly
appreciate your help.

--
, George Gardei
PC Network Adminstrator

Merv Porter [SBS-MVP]

Dec 7, 2004, 10:00:25 PM12/7/04
Any help here George...

http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/ISA/microsoft.public.isa.configuration/2004-06/0129.html

To configure authentication methods for Web requests (Outgoing web requests)
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/isa/2000/enterprise/proddocs/en-us/isadocs/cmt_h_cfgauthentication.mspx

Note that security is reduced by using basic authentication.

--
Merv Porter [SBS MVP]
===================================
"George Gardei" <George...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Allan Sabiski

Dec 8, 2004, 9:58:24 AM12/8/04
We use Worldship also and have just recently converted over to SBS2003 from
4.5.

My shipping dept has not mentioned any problems with the endof day routine
and when asked they replied "It went like normal."

Now I did load the ISA Firewall client on their computer. It is an XP
Workstation with SP 2 loaded and the firewall turned on.

Allan

Wesley Kendall [MSFT]

Dec 8, 2004, 9:08:46 AM12/8/04
>Any help here George...
>
>http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/ISA/microsoft.public.isa.configuration/
2004-06/0129.html

>To configure authentication methods for Web requests (Outgoing web
requests)
>http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/isa/2000/enterprise/proddo
cs/en-us/isadocs/cmt_h_cfgauthentication.mspx

>Note that security is reduced by using basic authentication.
>
>--
>Merv Porter [SBS MVP]

You can also open ISA up by allowing anonymous outbound access. This will
also resolve your problem. I've done this in the past with customers that
had no desire to monitor internet access or use rules based on user/group
membership.

In order to allow anonymous outbound access in ISA, follow these steps:

Open ISA Management.

Right-click the servername and choose properties.

Click the "Outgoing Web Requests" tab.

Remove the check in the box for "Ask unauthenticated users for
identification".

Click OK.

Expand Access Policy.

Click on Site and Content Rules.

Double-click the Small Business Server Internet Access Site and Content
Rule.

Click the Applies To tab.

In "This rule applies to:" choose "Any request".

Click OK.

Click on Protocol Rules.

Double-click Small Business Internet Access Protocol Rule.

Click the Applies To tab.

In "This rule applies to:" choose "Any request".

Click OK.

Restart the ISA Server Control service.

Configure UPS Worldship to access the internet directly.

The UPS Worldship application should now be able to access the internet.
Please also note that anytime the CEICW is rerun, it will reconfigure the
ISA rules back to their defaults.

Thanks!

--

Wesley Kendall
Small Business Server Product Support

Get Secure! http://www.microsoft.com/security

from your issue.

George Gardei

Dec 8, 2004, 11:09:02 AM12/8/04
Was able to get it working, thanks everyone for your help.