Getting message from myself with a ?taxes. txt file attached?

psongman

Aug 13, 2005, 12:13:14 AM8/13/05
Hi, every other day, I get this email from the name on my account to
myself with a small txt file attached, something about taxes. I know
this has surely been encountered here before. What is this strange
occurrence...is someone trying to infect my computer or is some program
going haywire. Will await your expertise and assistance, before
attempting and action. Thanks for your help, I am very grateful,
Psongman

PA Bear

Aug 13, 2005, 1:19:48 AM8/13/05
Delete them unopened/unread!

The Bagle writer is back from vacation as F-Secure reports in it's weblog
and we've seen an influx in new variants including this one that's starting
to spread.

Bagle.CF - New variant uses "Taxes" theme (medium atF-Secure)
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=52218

Protect Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/
--