problem downloading pictures/error 8007ffff

vzbest

Sep 14, 2004, 2:02:46 AM9/14/04
Recently, the following problems have been bugging me w/ IE. After
working normal for several minutes, I get the following problems. If
I close down and reopen the browser, it will work fine for a while and
then the problem starts again.

Right click-->Open in new Window sometimes stops working.

When trying to download a picture, and right clicking on the
graphic, either a) nothing happens or b) i get the error message
"error 8007ffff"

I will also sometimes get error message: "the system cannot find the
file specified" when I right click on a picture expecting to see "save
picture as"

Also the top File, Edit, View, Favorites, etc. IE toolbar goes away.
Wierd, huh?

I've been getting "Internet Explorer Script Error" error messages.
6.0.0800.1106 spsp .030422-1633 (if that's important).

This problem then seems to also be apparent on other apps including,
explorer, picture viewer, et.

I've run regclean, defrag, and am up to date on virus protection and
adware detection.

All this seemed to start around the same time.

Finally a question...How do I uninstall and reinstall IE? There
doesn't seem to be a way.

I think that would solve my problem. Maybe not.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Smoker

Sep 14, 2004, 2:36:05 AM9/14/04

"vzbest" <vzb...@swbell.net> wrote in message
1) Open Control Panel
2) Double click Add/Remove Programs
3) Double click Microsoft Internet Explorer... (This will NOT uninstall IE)
4) In the pop-up window select Repair Internet Explorer
5) Click OK
6) Restart the computer when prompted

vzbest

Sep 14, 2004, 1:07:49 PM9/14/04
"Smoker" <nospam@x.y> wrote in message news:<pjw1d.3111$_53.376@trndny02>...

Thanks, Smoker. I tried this a while ago. No help. Any other ideas?

L David Matheny

Sep 14, 2004, 2:44:50 PM9/14/04
"vzbest" <vzb...@swbell.net> wrote in message news:1500ad2e.04091...@posting.google.com...
I'm really not sure what might be wrong, but try clearing your
browser cache.

Message has been deleted

Henrik

Oct 6, 2004, 2:49:04 AM10/6/04
vzbest I don't know if this was the resolution..but I had the same problem as
you had "error 8007ffff". I deactived the msn add-on's under "Tools, Manage
Add-on's"
and I haven't seen the problem since

novanilla

Apr 13, 2005, 10:21:02 PM4/13/05
Hi, I have run into the same thing, I found this which seems to cover the
matter fully: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281679

Robert Aldwinckle

Apr 15, 2005, 1:59:13 PM4/15/05
"novanilla" <nova...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I have run into the same thing, I found this which seems to cover the
> matter fully: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281679

I don't see how that covers it "fully". ;)

The usual advice is to clear your TIF.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsme.general/messages/0842d1dab8d2cadd,1395f7d79318a9ef?thread_id=5217fc3a4514db91&view=thread&noheader=1&q=8007ffff+OR+0x8007ffff++MSFT+OR+MVP#doc_1395f7d79318a9ef

(Google Groups search for
8007ffff OR 0x8007ffff MSFT OR MVP
)

---

Andre

May 24, 2005, 2:45:39 PM5/24/05
I' using Windows XP Pro SP2, fully updated.

Whenever I try to save pictures from the net, when I right click on the
picture, I get the error message "Could not complete the operation due to
error 8007ffff".

After a couple more attempts, I lose all operation of my right mouse button
in internet explorer.

I am using Internet Explorer
Version: 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
Cipher Strengh: 128-bit
Product ID: 55274-OEM-0015285-96452
Update Versions: SP2

I've done many searches on the net to find an answer, and people have been
posting this problem for 2-3 years, with many different OS's and Explorer
versions. It seems to be affecting huge amounts of people, but I can't find
anyone who's found an answer yet.

If I shut down and reboot, the problem temporarily goes away, but reappears
again after saving about 30 pictures.

I've run Norton Antivirus and don't find anything lurking. I've tried the
'repair' option on IE6, and no joy either.

I have de-installed my iBurst wireless software and re-install it and the
problem still appear.
I have played around with "Manage Add-ons and eventually come accross MSN
Toolbar. By disable the MSN Tollbar "msntb.dll", the problem is solved.

Andre Engelbrecht