Beating a long dead horse ( VCAM Flash issue )

rep_movsd

Aug 24, 2009, 4:44:20 AM8/24/09
In reference to this 2 year old thread :

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video/browse_thread/thread/e815d6bc4680a11e/77ba9854fc37d5f7#77ba9854fc37d5f7

I finally got round to checking this code out after a long long time.

It's as simple as adding :-

if(!pmt) return E_POINTER;

to the start of the SetFormat() method

After that it works like a flash ..er.. I mean in flash...

Moral of the story : Always assume a pointer parameter will get a NULL
value sometime or other ( especially when the docs mention that
too!! )

Vivek

Bowljoman

Aug 27, 2009, 12:46:02 PM8/27/09

"rep_movsd" wrote:

Thanks, you are the man!

This came up in a couple posts, and using Firefox debugger version with
flash player debugger version, I set firefox as the debug target while
flash player will pass a null media type first thing off the bat.

This has been the single most awesome piece of sample code to start my
projects from. Thanks again!

ps. How about a working vMic version? I tried but my kungfoo is weak. As a
simple DS filter I've got it working fine, however, when it comes to trying
within 'vMic' , I fail.

rep_movsd

Aug 27, 2009, 3:12:18 PM8/27/09
Thanks

No greater satisfaction than knowing one's code is well regarded....

By vMic do you mean this : http://vmic.unibas.ch/ ?
or is it something else?
I can have a look if you give me some details...

Bowljoman

Aug 29, 2009, 6:19:03 AM8/29/09

"rep_movsd" wrote:

I mean vCam but using an audio mediatype instead of video.