Audio playback speed too fast

michael

Oct 17, 2003, 11:42:49 PM10/17/03
Awhile ago I reinstalled my operating system, and since
then, my media player plays back audio and video too
fast. I upgraded to Media 9 series, and that doesn't help
at all. There is a basic cd player on my computer that
works fine.

Any clue on how I can fix this problem?

Thanks!

- Michael -

pyramid36

Oct 18, 2003, 1:48:58 PM10/18/03
Michael,
You're the 3rd person in a week reporting this problem but
no one has responded. (see Audio playing too fast!! and
Speeded up sound, both entered on 10/15). Two things come
to mind: 1. this is a trend, and 2. we may be posting this
in the wrong newsgroup.

I'm going to post a message to the moderator and ask them
if these should be moved to another forum?

Ken Kimbrough

>.

Michel Merlin

Oct 21, 2003, 7:44:20 AM10/21/03
First, the problem has been solved: see my post
« Sound too fast: SOLVED! Intel Accelerator culprit »
(Newsgroup: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.win2000.multimedia,
Message: news://msnews.microsoft.com/Ogwbyv7l...@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl).

Second, my thanks to "pyramid36" for trying to get the problem
more of the importance it deserves. Please people discuss this
question here, not in other places, so we have all at hand
(The said post from "pyramid36" to alert Moderator is Message
« Moderator », news:009601c395a0$98d27060$a401...@phx.gbl).

Third, other sub-threads about this in this NG are found if
searching the NG for "fast", mainly
« Sound files all play too fast » (news:4d5601c3764b$88b71330$a401...@phx.gbl),
from "Marc" <oldman...@hotmail.com>.

Paris, Tue 21 Oct 2003 13:44:20 +0200

Oct 24, 2003, 12:17:58 PM10/24/03
I'm experiencing the same problem!
I hope someone figures out what's wrong soon...

tori

>.

pyramid36

Oct 28, 2003, 10:29:30 PM10/28/03
Michael,
Thanks for the kudo's, just trying to get some answers
though. I've been out of town and just saw your post.
Tried entering the URL in IE which tried to start OE which
gave me a message that "the message has probably been
deleted" ergo, I still don't have an answer. Can you
give me another way to get to your post or email me
directly?

Thanks,

Ken

>.

Michel Merlin

Oct 29, 2003, 4:20:35 PM10/29/03
Thanks for your kind post {BTW my name is "Michel", it wasn't a
typo}. Yes I think messages are handled unproperly by the
Newsgroups system, still worse by OE, and still worse by
"Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000" (This is the name for the
process involved when, under Windows 2000, you read and post
using IE instead of OE, as you appear to have done here).

This is why I reposted my report about the
"audio plays twice too fast" problem and solution, see:

and I also posted a more general explanation
about links to messages, see:

pyramid36

Jan 8, 2004, 4:01:34 PM1/8/04
Michel,
(see I got it right this time). My apologies for misspelling your name. Don't know if you'll see this since the post is pretty old but thought I'd share the somewhat strange resolution to the "Alvin and the Chipmunks" sound problem. Due to a hard drive failure on another PC I unplugged this one, moved it to a new location (replacing the broken one), hooked up speakers and everything is OK. As a my computing mentor told me well nigh over 25 years ago "if you can't replicate it, it ain't a problem". Can't replicate it, it works OK now, and I have no earthly idea why. Thanks any how for your help and have a great 2004 (and a long and prosperous life).

Ken Kimbrough