XML output from Visio 2000 Enterprise

Mark Damhuis

Feb 12, 2001, 6:56:16 AM2/12/01
Hello,

I want to ask if anyone knows if it's possible to save your 'output' in an XML
file.
I've made a drawing i a ORM Source Template: I've made some Entities and a some
relations. Now I'm wondering if Visio is able to save this as an XML file. I'd
like to use such XML files for sending data with BiZtalk Server. In other words,
I want to have an XML file from which an appliction (such as BizTalk Server)
recognize the elements, which I in fact made as entities in Visio 2000 Enterprise.

If this is possible, how do I do this?
Please help me.

Note: for replying this message, remove the '3' between the @-sign and the 'p' in
my e-mail-adres.

Mark Damhuis

Graham Wideman, MVP

Feb 16, 2001, 5:31:13 AM2/16/01
Mark:

(a) V2K cannot output it's files as XML.

(b) V2K cannot save the ORM model as XML.

(c) There's also no way to navigate the ORM model (using VBA for
example) to do it yourself.

Graham

Graham Wideman
MS MVP for Visio
Book: Visio 2000 Developer's Survival Guide
... and resources for programmable diagramming at:
http://www.diagramantics.com
Unoffical Visio FAQ:
http://www.diagramantics.com/diagenvs/visio/faq/index.htm
gra...@wideman-one.com.nospam
(Remove the obvious to email me)

Scott Ho

Feb 17, 2001, 4:37:13 PM2/17/01
Mark:

Did you look into Rational Rose? They seem to have what you need.

Scott Ho

"Graham Wideman, MVP" <gra...@wideman-one.com.nospam> wrote in message