Detecting Processor Pack

Ron Natalie

Jun 26, 2001, 6:02:58 PM6/26/01

Rick wrote:

> Is there a way to detect whether the VC++ processor pack
> is installed or not? Apparently the processor pack does
> not work with the standard edition, only professional.

Are you talking about the Platform SDK?

Terry Leeper

Jun 26, 2001, 8:42:38 PM6/26/01
Rick,
You can use _MSC_VER to indicate that the Processor Pack compiler has been
used:

The Processor Pack release includes the following directive:

_MSC_FULL_VER
Defines the full version number for the compiler (cl.exe). _MSC_FULL_VER
allows you to put in your code conditional statements that are based on
which version of the compiler is being used.
Version number is in the format MajorMinorBuild.

major

The major version of the compiler.

minor

The minor (or point release) version of the compiler.

build

The Microsoft-specific number of the build.

If you enter cl /? at the command line, you will see the full version for
the compiler you are using. For example, in Visual C++ 6.0, the version
number is 12.00.8168.

Terry Leeper
Program Manager
Visual C++