Data View error on startup

Thomas Mobley

Oct 20, 2003, 9:34:38 AM10/20/03
Since installing sp5, when I crank up VB6 I get a messagebox (title : Data
View) that says subscript out of range. I can't find anything at microsoft
on this. How do I stop it? I don't even use data view. I tried to connect
with an access db with it thinking once I made a connection with it it would
leave me alone, but it threw an error (provider error) with both isam and
jet. I could connect to sql server no problem, but the problem is still
there when I start vb. Also, if I right click in the dataview window it
crashes (run time error 91 : object variable or with block variable not
set).

Any help would be appreciated. It's not stopping my work or anything (I
work with both access and sql server through ado, but do not use data view),
but it is irritating the heck out of me. Can I remove data view altogether?

Tom

Val Mazur

Oct 20, 2003, 10:54:15 PM10/20/03
Hi Thomas,

Are you using any bound controls? It is possible that error comes from some
of those controls. Maybe it comes from some code, but you need to specify
it. Error 91 means that somewhere inside you code you are trying to use
object variable which is set to Nothing

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP

"Thomas Mobley" <tmo...@bioace.net> wrote in message

Thomas Mobley

Oct 21, 2003, 7:27:52 AM10/21/03
Hi Val. This is starting before I have opened a project. The msgbox
appears over the file selection dialogue on startup and must be dismissed
before I can select my projects. Something seems to have broken when I
installed the latest service pack, though the install went ok. I found one
reference to the same problem on the web (at visibas I think), but the
person with the problem received no solution. I never use data bound
controls, so that shouldn't be it anyway.

"Val Mazur" <grou...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Val Mazur

Oct 21, 2003, 8:19:01 PM10/21/03

Could you trace code to see if it comes from the form or not? If yes, then
probably some control causes that. Only tracing would help

--
Val Mazur
Microsoft MVP
Check Virus Alert, stay updated

"Thomas Mobley" <tmo...@bioace.net> wrote in message

Thomas Mobley

Oct 22, 2003, 7:36:14 AM10/22/03
Not sure what you mean. I have no code, or form, of my own open. This
occurs when I start VB, before I have had a chance to open any projects, and
I must hit OK before I can choose a project to open.

"Val Mazur" <grou...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Val Mazur

Oct 22, 2003, 10:55:46 PM10/22/03
I see. That is something wrong with Visual Studio installation. I have SP 5
with VS and it is working fine. I think some other installation may
corrupted some part. Best way (but not what you probably would like to here)
is to reinstall VS