Address Book sync issues

Joe Church

Mar 6, 2008, 8:08:00 AM3/6/08
I have a continual problem since installing OCS 2007, in that clients running
communicator intermittently see the error "Cannot synchronize address book".
You get the yellow exclamation mark in the tray icon for communicator and the
error in the drop down notification area. If the server is rebooted the
error goes away temporarily for a day or so and then re-appears. If I check
the event logs on the server, I see:

Event ID 62009
Address Book Request web service could not be started
Access denied

Other events 21012 show up frequently that the data file would be too large
in relation to the full file it is based on. But these are just warnings.

Once the above error message is generated on the server, clients start
seeing this error. I can't find anything online about this, none of the
event lookup sites have anything, you just get the standard "We're sorry, but
we don't have more information on this" type of pages with the help and
support links in event viewer.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions, I'm all ears. I just can't
understand why a brand new server, with a fresh install of OCS 2007 would
generate errors right off the bat. I ran the BPA on the server, and it
passes the tests, no other errors in the event log, and all my credentials
are corect.

Anyone?

Thanks
Joe

joeuser

Sep 24, 2008, 9:49:15 AM9/24/08
I get this error every so often as well. Nothing leads me to anything to fix it either. No prior errors. At the time of the error clients always get address book sync errors. I can restart the WWW service which will restart the address book service and everything will be good again for a couple of days.

Address Book Request web service could not be started.

Exception information : COM error code 800407D0 returned - 'SELECT * FROM MSFT_SIPAddressBookSetting WHERE Backend = "DATABASESERVER"'. Check inner exception for details..
Cause: Startup errors.
Resolution:
Check the events prior to this to resolve the service startup issue.

Greg A

Sep 26, 2008, 9:51:01 AM9/26/08
Check that the application pool LSGroupExpAppPool is running under IIS
Application Pools and verified that the account RTCComponeetService specified
under the Identity tab for this app pool is not locked out or expired in ADUC.

If that checks out and you have SP2 for Windows Server 2003 installed on
your OCS servers/SQL server verify that the Scalable Network Pack is disabled
per Method 3 of the following KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948496.