Cannot Sync MOTOQ to Exchange Server - Support Code: 0X85010001

twoo...@woodardenterprises.com

Jul 13, 2007, 12:18:02 PM7/13/07
Folks,

I need some help on this one. I cannot figure it out. I have about 30
employee's syncing to our exchange server. They have no issues. I had
one person that just had a bad phone, so we upgraded her to a new
MotoQ. We use sprint service, and I can actually sync to another
exchange server on the web, that I have my account on.

So I guess it has to be on the server, but what could it be. All of
the other employees can sync just fine.

any ideas would be very helpful/

Woodard

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

Jul 14, 2007, 1:22:43 PM7/14/07
Try a hard reset on the phone.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

<twoo...@woodardenterprises.com> wrote in message

twoo...@woodardenterprises.com

Jul 16, 2007, 12:06:42 AM7/16/07
Found the fix. Thanks for your help though.

| > For OMA virtual directory and Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync virtual
directory:

| > 1. Open IIS Manager
| > 2. Open properties of OMA virtual directory and
Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync
| > virtual directory respectively.
| > 3. Select Directory Security tab
| > 4. Select Edit in Authentication and access control box. Make sure
the
| > authentication setting as below:
| >
| > Authentication Methods
| > Uncheck Enable anonymous access
| > Uncheck Integrated Windows authentication
| > Check Basic authentication
| >
| > After that, please restart the IIS Admin Service (services.msc)

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]

Jul 16, 2007, 11:53:09 AM7/16/07
Ok, strange all the other phones were syncing fine. You think they would
have the same issue since it was permissions releated?