File Header and NOTICE file content for Eclipse Microprofile

John D. Ament

Apr 8, 2017, 9:32:06 AM4/8/17
to MicroProfile
All,

We've received a response from Eclipse's License/IP team on what should be included in each file, and displayed within our NOTICE file.  Below are the contents.

For the headers of each source file:

/**********************************************************************
* Copyright (c) {DATE} Contributors to the Eclipse Foundation
*
* See the NOTICES file(s) distributed with this work for additional
* information regarding copyright ownership.
*
* All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials
* are made available under the terms of the Apache License, Version 2.0
* which accompanies this distribution and is available at
* http://www.opensource.org/licenses/apache2.0.php
*
* SPDX-License-Identifier: Apache-2.0
**********************************************************************/

For the NOTICE file:

SPDXVersion: SPDX-2.1
PackageName: Eclipse Microprofile
PackageHomePage: http://www.eclipse.org/microprofile
PackageLicenseDeclared: Apache-2.0

PackageCopyrightText: <text>
{Legal Entity 1}
{Legal Entity 2}
{Legal Entity 3}
</text>

Please note, the enumerated list of legal entities are those contributing to the code as companies (e.g. Red Hat, IBM, Payara, Tomitribe) and those contributing as individuals (e.g. Mark Struberg,John D. Ament, Jonathan Halterman)

I'm going to leave this thread locked to avoid any confusion to those looking at it, please feel free to start additional discussion threads as appropriate.

Werner Keil

Apr 10, 2017, 8:07:55 AM4/10/17
to MicroProfile
John,

Not sure, if it's really locked, at least reply is still possible.

If there is a recommended unified header like this, we should consider checking against such header like https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-samples already does.

Werner