Smartbear is joining Microprofile

to...@swagger.io

Jun 13, 2017, 3:34:19 PM6/13/17
to MicroProfile
Good afternoon everyone, I’m happy to announce that SmartBear, the makers of the Swagger API project, are joining Microprofile.  For those of you who don’t know SmartBear, we are the company behind the Swagger open-source project, the makers of the commercial SwaggerHub tool, and creators of the OpenAPI Initiative under the Linux Foundation.  As Swagger had it’s humble beginnings built in Java, we have a strong commitment to the language and the tools that support the OpenAPI Initiative.  Myself (Tony Tam) and Swagger Evangelist Ron Ratovsky are both members of the Technical Developer Community on the OpenAPI initiative as well.

We have been working with members of this group on OpenAPI Specification 3.0 support (hereon OAS) for Swagger open-source tools for some time now and would be thrilled if they become part of the Microprofile stack.  You can see the WIP code here:

We are generally reachable on IRC (I know, it’s not Slack but it’s better IMHO for OSS) here:

Our goal is to continue building FOSS implementations of the OAS 3.0 in a vendor agnostic fashion.  We look forward to working with the group,

Tony

John Clingan

Jun 13, 2017, 3:36:38 PM6/13/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome Tony and the folks at SmartBear!

Arthur De Magalhaes

Jun 13, 2017, 3:44:47 PM6/13/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome Tony & team!   We're looking forward to working with you on standardizing the Java programming model for OpenAPI v3!

Kevin Sutter

Jun 13, 2017, 5:44:48 PM6/13/17
to MicroProfile
Excellent news, Tony!  Welcome!

Mark Little

Jun 14, 2017, 4:11:32 AM6/14/17
to Kevin Sutter, MicroProfile

Great news.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

Mike Croft

Jun 14, 2017, 11:29:16 AM6/14/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome!

Do you have a white logo that we can use on microprofile.io as we have with other members?
http://microprofile.io/

Amelia Eiras

Jun 14, 2017, 1:48:42 PM6/14/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome Tony  & Smartbear Team!

csaa...@redhat.com

Jun 14, 2017, 3:59:35 PM6/14/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome Tony and SmartBear team! Very happy you are joining MicroProfile

Emily Jiang

Jun 14, 2017, 4:04:34 PM6/14/17
to MicroProfile
Welcome Tony & Team!