mgo r2015.12.06 is out

Gustavo Niemeyer

Dec 6, 2015, 9:38:00 PM12/6/15
to golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com, mgo-...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Just tagged a new release of the Go driver for MongoDB, bringing a few minor improvements and warming up for upcoming MongoDB 3.2 features.

The relevant changes in this release are:

- Several tweaks in the test suite to make MongoDB 3.2 happy. There are still a couple of upstream issues that need handling before this is fully sorted.

- Bulk API now supports removes as well.

- Bulk updates now make better use of write commands.

- New Session.SetBypassValidation method, which allows disabling the scheme validation expressions being introduced in MongoDB.

If you are tracking the unstable branch, please note that a few relevant changes towards 3.2 are landing right after this stable release and may create some turbulence there.

For more details on the driver, please refer to the web page:

Have an excellent week.

Gustavo Niemeyer

Dec 15, 2015, 11:57:35 AM12/15/15
to Žygimantas Stauga, golang-nuts, mongod...@googlegroups.com, mgo-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I had the tag locally but indeed it wasn't pushed:

% git push --tags
Total 0 (delta 0), reused 0 (delta 0)
To g...@github.com:go-mgo/mgo.git
 * [new tag]         r2015.12.06 -> r2015.12.06

Thanks for the heads up.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Žygimantas Stauga <z.st...@gmail.com> wrote:
No tag?
git checkout r2015.12.06
error: pathspec 'r2015.12.06' did not match any file(s) known to git.

Previous release works as expected
git checkout r2015.10.05
Note: checking out 'r2015.10.05'.

Darko Luketic

Dec 17, 2015, 11:52:48 AM12/17/15
to mgo-users, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
Would you recommend staying on 3.0 or is it safe to upgrade to 3.2 in a single mongos cluster with 3 rs?
aka "is it safe to upgrade to 3.2"?

"There are still a couple of upstream issues" sounds like "sit it out"

On Monday, December 7, 2015 at 3:38:00 AM UTC+1, Gustavo Niemeyer wrote:
- Several tweaks in the test suite to make MongoDB 3.2 happy. There are still a couple of upstream issues that need handling before this is fully sorted.

Žygimantas Stauga

Dec 18, 2015, 2:01:35 AM12/18/15
to golang-nuts, mgo-...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
I updated mongoDB to 3.2.0 on development ant testing enviroments. Didn't noticed any problems with mgo r2015.12.06 and r2015.10.05 releases. But I'll wait for mongoDB 3.2.1 version before going production :)

Gustavo Niemeyer

Dec 18, 2015, 4:18:54 PM12/18/15
to mgo-...@googlegroups.com, golang-nuts, mongod...@googlegroups.com

You can use it already with the stable release with no problems. I certainly want to hear if that's not the case.

What I'm working on unstable is in implementing support for new features and alternative implementations of existing features, such as the find and getMore commands. These don't actually offer any obvious benefit at a high-level, but rather just change the way in which the driver does its job when the code issues queries and processes responses.

Tianyi Song

Apr 6, 2016, 6:08:24 AM4/6/16
to mgo-users, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
where to download the package?

thx

Davis Ford

Jan 19, 2017, 11:10:31 PM1/19/17
to mgo-users, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
Just in case anyone else lands here, Mongo doesn't support mixed mode replica set with 2.6.x and 3.2.x -- I learned that the hard way, adding a new 3.2 member to the replica set to work on upgrading the nodes.

I had to remove that node, and build all new 3.0 nodes; now I'm in the process of moving the 3.0 nodes to 3.4.1

celerno herrera

Sep 2, 2017, 6:48:38 AM9/2/17
to mgo-users, golan...@googlegroups.com, mongod...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much.
Message has been deleted

David Holzgang

Jan 2, 2018, 1:40:54 AM1/2/18
to mgo-users
Hi...

Looks like the last update here is over 2 years ago, and is before (but compatible with??) 3.2. Current release is 3.6. Is there any plan to update this to the latest version?