2020-08-13 Webinar Recording (DEMO of Splashtop Remote Desktop for IT Admins)

Mark Martin

Aug 13, 2020, 8:03:38 PM8/13/20
to Mfg Educators Online Resources
The 8/13/20 Zoom webinar discussing Online Resources for skilled trades teachers is now available.
1) We had a demo from Splashtop showing their remote desktop software and talking about security and privacy issues.

Cost estimates:
 - $100 per computer for 25 computers (includes up to 250 users, although currently Splashtop is not limiting users).
 - $80 per computer for 100 computers (1000 users, although currently Splashtop is not limiting users)

There our other remote desktop software out there including Guacamole, Chrome remote desktop, Teamviewer, etc.

I don't have experience with any of these but do know that Splashtop is being used within the Peralta community college District and it seems to be working well. They've also been very responsive.

Thanks,
Mark