[meteor-weekly] SQL Support, Giteor, New Pull Request Guideline and More

Arunoda Susiripala

Nov 12, 2013, 12:34:44 PM11/12/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This time, meteor weekly just got delayed for a day. I was hacking on NodeKnockout last weekend and had some tough time. Extremely sorry for the delay.

Here are some of the updates around the last week. (and yesterday)

* SQL Support (coming sooner than expected)
* Giteor
* New Pull Request Guideline
* Encrypting OAuth Tokens
* Minimalistic Meteor Core

Thanks.

matt debergalis

Nov 12, 2013, 7:25:59 PM11/12/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
In that tweet about SQL, Alice was literally saying that it'll be in some version number equal to or greater than 1.1.  In other words, "after 1.0".

If it's the most-wanted thing I'm sure we'll bring it to the fore right after the 1.0 launch.  But we're focused on what's *in* 1.0 right now.  No specific plans to jump SQL to the front of the line.

Arunoda Susiripala

Nov 12, 2013, 7:48:02 PM11/12/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Oh, I will update the post.

Abigail Watson

Nov 13, 2013, 12:45:00 AM11/13/13
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for keeping the MDG focused, Matt!  You all have way more important things to do than get caught up in the quagmire that a SQL and an ORM would involve.  Like Famo.us integration!  Please, please, please... Famo.us integration before SQL integration!!!!