Hosted MongoDB with Oplog Access at MongoHQ

George Shank

Mar 20, 2014, 4:01:28 PM3/20/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

I work at MongoHQ and we just released easy oplog access for our Elastic Deployments. We had Meteor developers in mind while building this feature so we'd love it if you checked it out and let us know what you think.

Albert Stephan

Mar 20, 2014, 4:09:38 PM3/20/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Awesome.

Brent Abrahams

Mar 21, 2014, 6:23:16 AM3/21/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
That just made my day.

Arunoda Susiripala

Mar 21, 2014, 7:08:09 AM3/21/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
This is interesting. Kudos.

Hope these elastic scaling dbs runs with dedicated instances(not physical). If not, hope you guys are doing something to prevent sending data from other databases via the oplog.

Gadi Cohen

Mar 21, 2014, 7:10:38 AM3/21/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
Hi George

Your users are ahead of you :)   As you can see, there is already a lot of excitement about this.  Definitely a very big deal for us Meteorites!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/meteor-talk/Tvph0Y1Jf28

P.S.  I see you have servers now in the non-US data centers, had totally missed this!  Doubly great news for me :)

George Shank

Mar 23, 2014, 6:37:34 PM3/23/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
@Arunoda

Yes, each deployment is running in its own process so your oplogs are your own :)

@Gadi

That's awesome! :)

steeve

Mar 23, 2014, 6:46:40 PM3/23/14
to meteo...@googlegroups.com
George,

Can you provide pointers on configuration of the MONGO_URL?  I know you aren't Meteor dev but we are hosting 3 prod dbs on MonoHQ for a Meteor app and I am not sure exactly how to set the MONGO_URL so that it works properly.  I am asking because we cannot afford downtime trying to figure it out.

Might be nice to have a MonoHQ blog, article or help doc for Meteor app developers, like a Quick start or something.

Thanks
Steeve

Arunoda Susiripala

Mar 23, 2014, 11:42:09 PM3/23/14