Privacy Policy

brandall

Dec 16, 2013, 8:10:05 PM12/16/13

LAST EDITED: 17/12/2013

In serving you, we may use or store your precise geographic location, if you give us permission to do so. We do not use or share this data for any other purpose. Many devices will indicate through an icon when location services are operating. We only share this location information with others as approved by you.

We do not share personally identifiable information (such as name, address, email or phone number) with other companies.

The Emotion Analysis may be shared with other applications to provide additional context. At present, these applications are as follows:

This list is subject to change.

When the application connects or passes data (on your device) to other third-party applications, we are not responsible for their continued usage of such information. Please refer to the specific application’s individual privacy policy to understand how your device and personal data is collected, managed and shared.

We are not responsible for the content of any external applications, web searches or websites that our application may pass data to, or refer to, either in the form of a suggested link or direct association.

Your gender and date of birth may be shared with Google AdMob through our service for ad targeting. Please check your settings in the Google Play Application, under Google AdMob Ads, for your Android Platform preferences. These individual preferences may allow Google to access the information collected by our application regardless of our individual privacy policy terms.

In addition, you should consult your Google Services privacy policy, to ensure any preferences concerned with your Android device are suitable to you and are not conflicting with any other individual application privacy policies, such as ours, which may be ignored as a result.

Analytics companies may access anonymous data (such as your voice data) to help us understand how our services are used. They use this data solely on our behalf in order to improve our service to you. They do not share it except in aggregate form; no data is shared as to any individual user.

We take steps following the Android Developer Guidelines to secure your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access or disclosure. No security or encryption method can be guaranteed to protect information from hackers or human error.

Information we collect may be stored or processed on computers located in any country where we do business.

To operate the service, we also may make identifiable and anonymous information available to third parties in these limited circumstances:

(1) with your express consent
(2) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law
(3) when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to protect our rights or property
(4) to any successor or purchaser in a merger, acquisition, liquidation, dissolution or sale of assets. Your consent will not be required for disclosure in these cases, but we will attempt to notify you, to the extent permitted by law to do so.

COPPA Regulations

The application makes recordings of the user’s voice and if user is under the age of 13 then the COPPA requirements must be considered.

Here is a list of the unique information the application stores without knowing the user’s age and what will happen to this information:

Name

The user is requested to enter their name. This name is not pre-populated from any other source.

The provided name is embedded within the audio recording.

The provided name is not shared with any third party.

The provided name could be read by an external source directly from the audio recording.

Date of birth

The user is requested to enter their date of birth. This date is not pre-populated from any other source.

The date of birth is used to fetch astrological information

The date of birth may be shared with an advertiser in order that the adverts displayed are suitable for their age range and omit content such as dating and gambling.

The date of birth is not embedded within the audio recording.

Gender

The user is requested to enter their gender. The gender is not pre-populated from another source.

The gender may be shared with an advertiser for the purpose of relevance.

The gender will be provided to Beyond Verbal Communications, for the purposes of analysis research.

The gender is not embedded within the audio recording.

Location

So long as the user hasn't entered a date of birth below the age of 13, their location will be embedded within the audio recording.

Device Unique Identifier

Each device generates a random number, by which it can be identified purely by matching this random number. This is not the device IMEI number.

The device unique identifier will be provided to Beyond Verbal Communications in order that the Emotion Analysis can be collated over time.

The device unique identifier is not embedded within the audio recording.

The device unique identifier is not an identifiable parameter in isolation.

If you are concerned as a parent about how this information may have been stored and is being used externally, then you contact Beyond Verbal Communications and request that all data associated with the device unique identifier is removed from their storage.

If you are concerned as a parent about where the audio recordings are being stored on the device, or that information is contained in the recordings that you deem private or unsafe, you can remove them in the following way:

Delete the directory called Memotion on the device’s storage.

If you wish to discuss any concerns regarding the COPPA regulations and this application, please refer to the About Section for details of how you can get in touch with me.

Beyond Verbal Communications (BVC)

The collected audio from your voice input will be sent to BVC for the purpose of Emotion Analysis. Additionally, a device unique identifier will be provided with the audio data, so that BVC may collate your Emotion Analysis over time. This unique identifier is generated randomly by the Android Operating System and is NOT the device IMEI number.

The application may share your gender and age for the purposes of analysis research, as well as the make and model of your device, so that the accuracy and performance of the device hardware can be collated.

Please refer to the individual privacy policy of BVC for information regarding their use of your data. Their privacy policy will be subject to change.

This recorded audio may be shared with any of the Google, AT&T, Nuance and iSpeech Voice Servers, in order to transcript the audio captured into words. The audio capture is not stored locally on the device. These companies will each have their own privacy policy with regards to the voice data collected and will be subject to change.

If you do not agree with any of the terms above, please uninstall the application in the usual way.

This conversation is locked