end time in API

Sean Dague

May 10, 2012, 8:00:38 PM5/10/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
I noticed that end times for events are live on the website, and ical
blocks now default to 3 hrs instead of 2. Any chance the end time
parameter can get exposed in the API? I would love to start using it in
meetup_events.

Thanks,

-Sean

--

Sean Dague Mid-Hudson Valley
se...@dague.net Linux Users Group

mike castleman

May 10, 2012, 8:11:25 PM5/10/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
hi Sean,

Check out the new duration field in the /2/events response! (It will
only be present if the event is newly created or if the organizer edits
it to set a duration.)

cheers,
mlc

--
mike castleman
android developer, meetup

Sean Dague

May 10, 2012, 10:16:09 PM5/10/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
On 05/10/2012 08:11 PM, mike castleman wrote:
> hi Sean,
>
> Check out the new duration field in the /2/events response! (It will
> only be present if the event is newly created or if the organizer edits
> it to set a duration.)

I actually want this on POST /2/event and POST /2/event/:id as I've got
end times on most of the events in drupal, and want to be able to set
them programatically in meetup via the API with the drupal meetup_events
module. Ideally it would just be another epoch time to be set.

Nathan Hamblen

May 10, 2012, 11:09:36 PM5/10/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
We'll add that Sean, early next week.

Nathan

Sean Dague

May 11, 2012, 6:34:29 AM5/11/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. Thanks much.

-Sean

Nathan @ Meetup

May 15, 2012, 5:51:48 PM5/15/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Support for end times in /2/event create and edit is live, see the "duration" request parameter:
>     For more options, visit this group at
>     http://groups.google.com/group/meetup-api?hl=en?hl=en

Sean Dague

May 18, 2012, 10:28:34 PM5/18/12
to meetu...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks much. I just added that support to Drupal meetup_events,
which I also just pushed out for a 1.0 release after working on an
administrative UI.

-Sean