explain.bat / density.explain

acully

Jun 22, 2012, 4:33:53 PM6/22/12
to max...@googlegroups.com
When I try to run the explain tool from my output, I am getting an error saying cannot find or load main class density.explain

I used to run this tool all the time, and now it does not seem to be working...  anyone out there have any insight or suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance!

mohsen habibi

Jun 24, 2012, 9:38:09 AM6/24/12
to max...@googlegroups.com
Dear allison
You must remove your java software and reinstall another java in new version.
I hope that this way useful for you.
Cheers

*Mohsen Habibi Nokhandan*
M.Sc. student
Department of Entomology, Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad
University, Tehran, Iran.
Tel:+98911-372-3075
Email:habibi_n...@yahoo.com
Gmail:ento...@gmail.com

John B

Jun 24, 2012, 10:16:25 PM6/24/12
to max...@googlegroups.com
I don't think there's any evidence for needing a new Java installation. I think this is much more likely to be a problem with the .jar path you're supplying.

If your maxent path is not in your PATH variable, and you're not invoking the command from the folder within which your maxent.jar is located, then you need to provide the full path to maxent.jar, e.g.,

java -cp C:\Users\John\Documents\software\maxent_3.3.3\maxent.jar density.Explain

You also need to provide the full path to the prediction (the .asc you want to interrogate), and the predictors (the folder containing the predictor grids).

A full example is:

java -cp C:\Users\John\Documents\software\maxent_3.3.3\maxent.jar density.Explain C:\GIS\maxent_output\species1.asc C:\GIS\all_preds_asc_baseline

If that doesn't work, post the command you're using here, and I'll take a look.

Kris

Aug 21, 2013, 4:01:33 PM8/21/13
to max...@googlegroups.com
I am receiving a similiar error.  I have attached the code.  I put the path to maxent.jar/path to prediction/folder containing the predictor grids.

Do you know why I am getting these "class" errors?
java-maxent.PNG

John Baumgartner

Aug 22, 2013, 9:38:57 PM8/22/13
to maxent
Hi Kris,

Are you sure that the path pointing to maxent.jar is correct?

Try navigating to the path, and then:

java -cp maxent.jar density.Explain

This should return something like:

Usage: density.Explain [-l lambdafile] predictionFile predictorsDirectory

Kris

Aug 28, 2013, 2:57:31 PM8/28/13
to max...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I thought I was 100% sure of that. I have 2 versions of Maxent that are in different areas on my computer. NOt sure if that has something to do with it.  I will try again and report back.

Thank you