Android Maven Plugin 4.0.0 released

Manfred Moser (simpligility)

Nov 27, 2014, 1:48:09 AM11/27/14
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
The Android Maven Plugin team is pleased to announce the release of version 4.0.0 of the plugin:

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.simpligility.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>android-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>4.0.0</version>
</plugin>

A celebratory blog post with some background is available at

New features/bug fixes for the specific release are
  • Migrated some documentation from the old Google Code site
  • Fix for aar and jar dependency mix and related resolving
  • Fixes to proguard and multidex related processing
  • Documentation for shading commons-codec to allow usage of newer version
  • Custom exclude filter to ProGuardMojo
  • Fixes to resource files in sample projects to allow builds to pass with new SDK
  • Always honor dexArguments parameters
  • Downgraded runtime requirements to Maven 3.0.4
  • Examples documentation
  • Moved Emma analysis to process-classes phase
  • When upgrading please ensure to check the changelog for further details:

We would like to thank the contributors to this release for their valuable help and invite you all to help us out as well:

Specifically for this release we would like to thank the following contributors for their awesome work.

Core Committers
Committers for this release
We would also like to thank for the help we received from the Maven community members and everybody else out there for any help we received in our issue tracker and beyond.

All merges and release builds and a whole bunch of other changes done by

Documentation, issue tracker and more can be found on the plugin websites at

http://simpligility.github.io/android-maven-plugin/
http://code.google.com/p/maven-android-plugin/

Specifically look at our samples project, which are now located in the plugin codebase itself in /src/test/projects

Please join the Maven Android Mailing List for relevant discussions:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/maven-android-developers

Enjoy and congratulations to everyone involved.

Manfred Moser
http://www.simpligility.com