New snapshot for 3.5.4 available

Manfred Moser (simpligility)

May 22, 2013, 2:45:29 AM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have deployed a new snapshot with all the pull requests ready merged. Please test your changes asap and I will cut a release. CI server builds are running locally but I am still fighting with travis ci (and the android sdk command line tool) ...

Btw now that we have the sdklib and other jars from the sdk on the classpath we can get rid of things like the ApkBuilder wrapper using reflection and just get the class straight from the classpath. If somebody has the time to have a look that would rock ..

manfred

Manfred Moser (simpligility)

May 22, 2013, 2:53:27 AM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
Travis is happy now as well.

Manfred Moser (simpligility)

May 22, 2013, 2:56:17 AM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
I am also looking for feedback regarding version .. atm I am thinking 3.6.0 since we now require the sdk platform configuration and sdk 22 or 21.1 from all my testing anyway and we are using the sdk 22 components internally. But I am open to do a 3.6.0.RC1 or so as well if somebody wants to push something else in.

Also quick heads up... we will probably upgrade to require Maven 3.1.0 once that is released (hopefully soon).

manfred

James Wald

May 22, 2013, 8:03:55 AM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
It appears that the R21 manifest merge strategy isn't compatible with R22.  I can look at this later today if you or someone else doesn't get to it first.

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.android.manifmerger.ManifestMerger.process(java.io.File, java.io.File, [Ljava.io.File;, java.util.Map)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1607)
at com.jayway.maven.plugins.android.manifmerger.MergeStrategyR21.<init>(MergeStrategyR21.java:93)
... 26 more

Manfred Moser

May 22, 2013, 1:40:39 PM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
I wont be able to look at that before end of next week so ideally you can
fix it so I can cut a release for those that have upgraded to r22.

James Wald

May 22, 2013, 1:48:59 PM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com, man...@simpligility.com
Ok, I'll take a stab at it now, I think it's related to the new ADT tools directory structure.  I'll use the other recent commits as a guide.

I'm also looking at an error in the SDK deployer compilation error with the "Google Play APK Expansion Extra - Downloader" goal:

[WARNING] The requested profile "4.2" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.0:compile (default-compile) on project play-apk-expansion-downloader: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/jameswald/Development/Google/android-sdk-macosx/extras/google/play_apk_expansion/downloader_library/src/com/google/android/vending/expansion/downloader/impl/DownloaderService.java:[26,44] cannot find symbol

I'll put that off for now because I would rather have a working plugin first.

James Wald

May 22, 2013, 3:10:19 PM5/22/13
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com, man...@simpligility.com
The jar was renamed to manifest-merger.jar and the ManifestMerger#process() method signature was also changed.  It now has an additional parameter for package overriding.  The strategy I added doesn't use it.