Android Maven Plugin 4.2.0 released

Manfred Moser (simpligility)

Apr 16, 2015, 1:04:03 AM4/16/15
to maven-androi...@googlegroups.com
The Android Maven Plugin team is pleased to announce the release of version 4.2.0 of the plugin:

<plugin>
  <groupId>com.simpligility.maven.plugins</groupId>
  <artifactId>android-maven-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>4.2.0</version>
  <extensions>true</extensions>
</plugin>

New features/bug fixes for the specific release are

  • New default value to include internal jars from aar libraries by default

  • Don’t include internal libs from transitive AAR deps into an AAR

  • Better doco for destinationAndroidManifest parameter

  • Project META-INF artifacts are included in APK

  • Support for specifying debug port - automatically forward JDWP connection

  • Configurable encoding for publish mojo listing files

  • Checkstyle - removed deprecated check

  • Add NDK support for arm64-v8a APP_ABI

  • Log warning about using dependencies conflicting with packaged libraries in android jar

  • Allow AAR provided proguard configuration to be automatically integrated

  • Updated Android SDK libraries 1.1.3 / 24.1.3

  • Regex support for VersionGenerator used in AndroidManifest manipulations

We would like to thank the contributors to this release for their valuable help and invite you all to help us out as well:

Specifically for this release we would like to thank the following contributors for their awesome work.

Committers for this release

Core Committers
We would also like to thank for the help we received from the Maven and Android community members and everybody else out there for any help we received in our issue tracker and beyond.

Release build done by Manfred Moser http://www.simpligility.com

Documentation, issue tracker and more can be found on the plugin websites at

Please join the Maven Android Mailing List for relevant discussions:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/maven-android-developers

Enjoy and congratulations to everyone involved.

Manfred Moser
http://www.simpligility.com

Benoit Billington

Apr 16, 2015, 2:21:03 AM4/16/15