Fwd: Stanford announces 16 free online courses for fall quarter

Jerry Isdale

Sep 10, 2012, 5:41:22 AM9/10/12
to MauiMakers
Hmm some of these 16 classes look quite interesting to me.
Are there other Makers on island interested in having a study group on any one in particular?
The TEch Entrepreneurship, Crash Course in Creativity, New Learning Environment and Human-Computer Interaction catch my eye most... several of the others do too.

http://news.stanford.edu/news/2012/september/online-courses-fall-090712.html

Here is a list of fall quarter classes, with instructor, course title, start date and platform:

Andrew Ng, Machine Learning, Aug. 20, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/ml

Dan Boneh, Cryptography, Aug. 27, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/crypto

Keith Devlin, Introduction to Mathematical Thinking, Sept. 17, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/maththink

Daphne Koller, Probabilistic Graphical Models, Sept. 24, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/pgm

Scott Klemmer, Human-Computer Interaction, Sept. 24, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/hci

Michael Genesereth, Introduction to Logic, Sept. 24, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/intrologic

Dan McFarland, Organizational Analysis, Sept. 24, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/organalysis

Kristin Sainani, Writing in the Sciences, Sept. 24, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/sciwrite

Tim Roughgarden, Algorithms: Design and Analysis, Part 2, October, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/algo2

Chuck Eesley, Technology Entrepreneurship, Fall, Venture Lab
http://venturelab.stanford.edu/venture

Tina Seelig, A Crash Course on Creativity, Fall, Venture Lab
http://venturelab.stanford.edu/creativity

Paul Kim, Designing a New Learning Environment, Fall, Venture Lab
http://venturelab.stanford.edu/education

Kay Giesecke, Finance, Fall, Venture Lab
http://venturelab.stanford.edu/finance

Clint Korver, Startup Boards: Advanced Entrepreneurship, Fall, Venture Lab
http://venturelab.stanford.edu/advanced_venture

Bruce Clemens, Solar Cells, Fuel Cells and Batteries, Oct. 8, Class2Go
http://solar.class.stanford.edu

Nick McKeown and Philip Levis, An Introduction to Computer Networks, Oct. 8, Class2Go
http://networking.class.stanford.edu
Jerry Isdale
isd...@gmail.com

cole santos

Sep 10, 2012, 1:05:42 PM9/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Wow I can make my own degree...lol I like all of these. Maybe we could do group views sometimes for interaction and helping each other with the concepts.

Brett Christiansen

Sep 10, 2012, 7:29:09 PM9/10/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Great classes!  I already signed up for these two:

Chuck Eesley, Technology Entrepreneurship, Fall, Venture Lab
http://venturelab.stanford.edu/venture

and

Andrew Ng, Machine Learning, Aug. 20, Coursera
https://www.coursera.org/course/ml

It'd be great to have some fellow classmates here on Maui to work with on the projects.

-Brett