Hawaii STEM Conference class & dinner

Jerry Isdale

Mar 20, 2012, 5:56:21 PM3/20/12
to MauiMakers
Makers

On March 31st I am teaching another sewable electronics class
This time it is at the Hawaii STEM Conference in Kihei.
They have an awards dinner, etc on friday night too.

I would like to have a couple makers help out at the class
basically walking around helping kids that are having issues
with the sewing (threading needles, etc)

Dinner Friday night is included.

I'd also like to try some test runs monday or tuesday to prove out what I have prepared

any volunteers?

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com
http://www.mauimakers.com/blog/thursday-public-meeting/

Dina Mezheritsky

Mar 20, 2012, 11:29:40 PM3/20/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
I am there.  FINALLY have a car, so can commit to getting together for test run :)

Jerry Isdale

Mar 21, 2012, 4:32:58 AM3/21/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
It would be very good to see you again Dina!

The class will run from 12:30-2:30pm on Saturday 31 march in in Maunaloa Room of Wailea Marriott. We can start setup at 11:45, although I dont think we will need that much time.

I would like to have a meetup with some helpers to prepare (cut felt, etc) on tuesday late afternoon or early evening.
We could meet up at the Pu'unene space or at another location (someone's home?)
We have some electricity issues at the space at present. I'm not sure they will be resolved before tuesday.

Jerry Isdale

Dina Mezheritsky

Mar 21, 2012, 12:13:13 PM3/21/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
Late afternoon on Tue sounds good to me, but lets see if anyone else volunteers :)  I am in Haiku now, right before Ulumalu - but my hobbit home is not yet setup enough to host anyone - unless some masochist wants to sit on floor cushions for a couple of hours :)

cole

Mar 21, 2012, 2:04:26 PM3/21/12
to mauim...@googlegroups.com
ill go