Enjoy the great one ( as well as others) even more via a modest investment

jora...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2019, 1:05:57 PM1/29/19
to Mario Lanza, Tenor

Lanza fans: do yourself a favor

. If you are like me, I often get the urge to hear one particular song or aria by Mario. Rather than dig out the appropriate CD, I simply go to YOUTUBE and type in my target. Easy and quick….however, computer speakers just don’t do the great one’s voice justice.

 You can purchase easy-to-install external speakers for your computer (just plug them in) for a very modest price (I have 2 BOSE speakers). This will exponentially increase your listening pleasure. I highly recommend this as a great investment.

Derek McGovern

Jan 30, 2019, 11:51:31 PM1/30/19
to Mario Lanza, Tenor
Joe: The sound on Lanza recordings offered on YouTube is often substandard---so many things are at the wrong speed, or have been dubiously "enhanced." Vince's uploaded film and TV clips are rare exceptions.

 I much prefer to listen to CDs (especially the Sepia ones! :))

jora...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2019, 12:07:41 AM1/31/19
to Mario Lanza, Tenor
I agree 100% Derek, but I Bet many of his fans listen to YOUTUBE when they have a yearning for one particular work. My point is that IF you are going to use YOUTUBE might as well make it sound as good as it can. Often, when I want to hear something I may not remember which CD it is on.

Derek McGovern

Jan 31, 2019, 1:11:21 AM1/31/19
to Mario Lanza, Tenor
Joe: If you can't remember which CD a particular recording is on, then you can always use our Lanza discography:

All of Mario's recordings are listed there in alphabetical order, and if you move your cursor over the highlighted best recording, you'll see that the optimum CD source is provided.

jora...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2019, 11:33:44 AM1/31/19
to Mario Lanza, Tenor
You are right Derek, and that is a good hint. I will start doing that. Of course, this only applies to Lanza recordings and sometimes I want to hear how another tenor sings something and this is where the YOUTUBE shortcut helps. Also, I have BOSE stereo which does produce good sound BUT one shortcoming it has is this. If I want to hear a Lanza recording that is the eighth track on the CD, I must skip the first 7 tracks manually. I can't just automatically go to number  8. Strange, for an advanced instrument like a BOSE product but it is an old set.