Mapping Party, Hyattsville MD, Saturday 1 Dec

Steven Johnson

Nov 26, 2012, 2:59:20 PM11/26/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Here's the (loose) agenda for Saturday's mapping party:

10AM - Tag up at Busboys & Poets for coffee, snacks and pre-map briefing
11AM - Hit the streets to gather data, grab lunch while you're out
1PM - Re-convene at a common location (trying for Hyattsville Library; still TBD), upload traces/tag/edit
3PM or 4PM - Head to the Franklin's Brewery for geoglobaldomination.

Brian has set up a Doodle for this event; please tick the box if you're able to make it: http://doodle.com/gngvm4rky62mga39

Can someone help print WalkingPapers?

Thanks,
SEJ

Brian DeRocher

Nov 28, 2012, 11:33:57 PM11/28/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Steven,

I'll print the walking papers.

Brian

--
Brian DeRocher
http://brian.derocher.org

Jaakko Helleranta.com

Nov 28, 2012, 11:28:35 PM11/28/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Use field papers since WP is down.
Cheers,
-Jaakko

Sent from my BlackBerry® device from Digicel
--
Mobile: +509-37-26 91 54, Skype/GoogleTalk: jhelleranta

Brian DeRocher

Nov 28, 2012, 11:46:37 PM11/28/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
You can still print papers from Walking Papers. I don't think we'll be
needing to trace scanned paper maps for Hyattsville. Though the Field
Papers UI is pretty slick.

In other related news, i've chatted with Mike M. about setting up
another Walking Papers server. I started porting code from MySQL to
PostgreSQL. It's a side -- like way off to the side -- project of mine.

Mikel

Dec 1, 2012, 7:05:30 AM12/1/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
Where is the re-convene spot? I'm planning to cycle up a bit later, to catch the sanitation hackathon opening this morning.

Steven Johnson

Dec 1, 2012, 7:55:43 AM12/1/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com, mapp...@googlegroups.com
Mikel, we're meeting at Busboys&Poets in Hyattsville. Hope we see you later today.

--SEJ

Sent from my electronic tether.

Mikel

Dec 2, 2012, 8:02:17 AM12/2/12
to mapp...@googlegroups.com
That was fun yesterday, thanks for organizing Steven.

I rambled out a few thoughts this morning: http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mikelmaron/diary/18164