MapInfo 9.5 will not load

Malcolm Norman

Jul 6, 2010, 10:55:07 AM7/6/10
to MapInfo-L
Hi,
when trying to launch MapInfo Professional 9.5 or ProViewer 9.5 we get
the following message:

Initialization error: Unable to load CLR (-2147467259).

Pro and Viewer used to work on this pc. I have had a look in the
archives and that seems to imply that this might be a .NET issue.

Can any one confirm? and suggest a fix.

Thanks
Malcolm Norman
Portsmouth City Council

Uffe Kousgaard

Jul 6, 2010, 11:05:18 AM7/6/10
to mapi...@googlegroups.com
Re-installing .NET could be a fix.

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard

Spencer Simpson

Jul 6, 2010, 11:38:31 AM7/6/10
to mapi...@googlegroups.com

Microsoft recently issued a major release of the .NET framework (ver 4) and
a major service pack of the current version (3.5) via Automatic Updates.

If you use Automatic Updates, you might want to check for any failed
updates.

If your company deploys automatic updates internally, your IT staff should
be able to tell you if any updates failed, and assist you in fixing the
problem.

archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page at
http://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en

Malcolm Norman

Jul 7, 2010, 4:30:56 AM7/7/10
to MapInfo-L
Thanks for the swift replies folks.

Yes we did have a Microsoft roll out and the .NET element did not load
correctly on all machines, so this looks like the culprit.

Thanks again
Malcolm
> archives, feature requests, to visit our Wiki, visit the Welcome page athttp://groups.google.com/group/mapinfo-l?hl=en- Hide quoted text -

JamesL

Jul 11, 2010, 12:04:20 AM7/11/10
to MapInfo-L
Malcolm,

we recently upgraded to MI Pro version 10 and had to install .NET 3.5
on our machines. The IT guys had a lot of problems, and it turned out
that for some reason the .NET upgrade would only go through if the
installation was performed while logged in as a domain administrator
(local machine admin login was not enough). Don't know if you have
similiar issues, but could be relevant?

regards

James Lally

On Jul 7, 12:30 pm, Malcolm Norman