Tips for submitting a bug report

Heruca

Apr 17, 2018, 10:01:29 AM4/17/18
to MapForge User Group
1. Mention the exact version of MapForge where the bug was found (e.g. v1.0.2).
2. Mention your operating system, with details (e.g. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Mac OS High Sierra)
3. If it's a script error, first confirm that the bug occurs without other Add-Ons enabled. Many people are getting script errors because they failed to install the re-released Rock Temple Add-On.
4. Some functions in the program can be accessed in several ways (e.g. a menu command, a hotkey, a toolbar button). Be sure to mention which method you used, since a bug might only be affecting one particular method (as recently happened with the "File>Export" command).
5. The more details you can provide, the better. Bugs that can be easily reproduced following a sequence of steps tend to be easy bugs to fix. It's often a good idea to mention which tool you were using when the problem occurred (where applicable, of course).
6. Please try to stick to one bug or issue per post/thread.

Charlweed

Apr 19, 2018, 3:22:08 PM4/19/18
to MapForge User Group
So is this the thread for bug reports? I have a few :)
I know that YOU know about some of the issues in the current version, but new users, (like me) will benefit from a "Known Issues/Bugs" thread. For example, I did not know that the "Rock Temple" add-on was re-released until I found this google group.

Mario Parente

Apr 20, 2018, 9:29:06 AM4/20/18
to MapForge User Group
Hernan,
Mapforge is still not working at all for me. When are you going to release 1.0.3?

Heruca

Apr 20, 2018, 2:06:48 PM4/20/18
to MapForge User Group
Tonight or tomorrow, assuming I can fix a current issue in the next hour or two.

Heruca

Apr 20, 2018, 10:17:58 PM4/20/18
to MapForge User Group
Update: v1.0.3 has gone out to the various High Sierra volunteer testers. I should know something by tomorrow.

slotsmdw

Apr 23, 2018, 12:07:55 AM4/23/18
to MapForge User Group
Any update on the Mac users?

Heruca

Apr 24, 2018, 6:50:52 AM4/24/18
to MapForge User Group
The two testers who have responded so far both say that MapForge now runs on High Sierra. It no longer crashes shortly after launch, like before.

Gabe Diedrich

Apr 24, 2018, 11:02:42 AM4/24/18
to MapForge User Group

1. v1.0.2 downloaded 4/24/18
2. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit home, running compatibility mode and as admin
3. The error message occurred after exporting a map made with the sewer pack. Out of memory while saving member 601 of PLAYER-CAST 1.
4. "File>Export>Okay" and I renamed the file). I don't have any files or folders with names that match the error message I received.

Gabe Diedrich

Apr 24, 2018, 11:07:23 AM4/24/18
to MapForge User Group
1. v1.0.2 downloaded 4/24/18
2. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit home, running compatibility mode and as admin
3. The script error message occurred after making a map made with the sewer pack. I when I attempt to flip an "item" vertically clicking the button to do so I get the following error:
Director Player Error
Object expected
Script Error. Continue?
Yes  No
Clicking No kills the program, clicking yes prevents the object from turning, but I can still use the program.
4. I have been clicking the flip vertical button

Heruca

Apr 24, 2018, 11:09:50 AM4/24/18
to MapForge User Group
Hmmm, I may have to make it so that exporting is disabled until the map is saved.

Member 601 refers to the grid overlay, but I suspect it could just as easily have run out of memory with the map canvas itself. Both are up to 10000x10000 pixels.

With #4, do you mean you couldn't find an exported map file/bitmap with the name you selected? It may well never have been able to create it, if it truly ran out of RAM.

Gabe Diedrich

Apr 24, 2018, 12:07:08 PM4/24/18
to MapForge User Group
It made the exported .png for me. And it looks great. I just meant that I didn't have a file or folder that it could be referencing.

Sean K.

Apr 29, 2018, 3:56:12 PM4/29/18
to MapForge User Group
Mac OS High Sierra
MapForge 1.0.3

A couple of issues, not sure if they are known or not.

1. When placing a tile, the cursor is unusable (spinning beach ball) for approximately 5-10 seconds before a new tile can be placed.  Makes the map creation an arduous process overall.

2.  After placing several tiles and then placing another one (position doesn't seem to matter) returns an error that says "Possible image library failure while scaling a Tile image".  When I click OK, the message reappears another few times and when it finally disappears, so does every tile I have placed up until that point, effectively resetting the map.

With the speed and this error, I cannot currently successfully use this application.  I understand it's early and the potential is high and would be fun to have this work as intended, but having paid for the license and now up to $60 for add-ons, it is concerning.

Sean K.

Apr 29, 2018, 3:58:32 PM4/29/18
to MapForge User Group
Adding to the above, after closing down the last of the "Possible image library..." error messages, selecting a different add-on causes the application to crash after a "Script error" message.

Lee Paxton

May 2, 2018, 1:19:31 PM5/2/18
to MapForge User Group
1. 1.0.3
1. Windows 10 Pro x64
3. Index out of range, occurs when i'm browsing through art to place

Heruca

May 2, 2018, 2:55:10 PM5/2/18
to MapForge User Group
Lee, there are two known possible causes for this.

One is if you are still using the original Rock Temple Add-On, which was re-released to fix an error that would cause even other Add-Ons to produce script errors.

The other is if you have Add-Ons installed that haven't been registered yet. Generally, using the "Claim from Server" button on the Add-On Registration panel resolves this. Sometimes, it's due to having a multi-part Add-On installed (e.g. Gabriel Pickard's "Village", or Studio Wyldfurr's "Dungeon Map Tiles"), and only the first part got successfully registered. Troubleshooting instructions are posted here if this is the case.

Robin Brush

Feb 6, 2019, 5:08:27 AM2/6/19
to MapForge User Group
Mac El Capitan 10.11.6
Map Forge 1.0.6

I am having the exact same issue except my error says "Possible image library failure while rotating a Tile image".

Heruca

Feb 6, 2019, 9:45:49 AM2/6/19
to MapForge User Group
The exact same issue as what/who? I'm not sure what your post is in reference to.

Is the error easily reproducible? Have you tried v1.0.7 yet to see if the problem is fixed?

Richard Davenport

Apr 9, 2019, 10:48:11 PM4/9/19
to MapForge User Group
I'm getting a pretty consistent error in 1.0.9.  I'm running Win10-64bit.  I select one of my registered add-ons and it gives me a Director Player Error - List expected for handler, #count, Script error.

Richard Davenport

Apr 9, 2019, 10:49:57 PM4/9/19
to MapForge User Group
A second error I'm getting is when I tile a floor with some texture, like the wood planks in the Graytale's Tavern addon, and then try and place furniture on top of it.  About 50% I get the error: Property not found, #myWCRect, Script error.

Heruca

Apr 10, 2019, 8:16:38 AM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
Thanks for the report, I'll look into it today.

Heruca

Apr 10, 2019, 8:18:23 AM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
Which Add-On is this happening with? How are you selecting the Add-On? With the Add-On menu? Or with the TAB or Shift-TAB hotkeys?

Richard Davenport

Apr 10, 2019, 9:19:50 AM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
I tried it again and didn't get it to happen.  I had changed the grid to hexes and then set the length and width to 50 before selecting the Terrain Hex Volcanic Waste from the addon menu.  It isn't doing it this time however.  So, I'm not sure what changed.

Richard Davenport

Apr 10, 2019, 4:07:22 PM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
I will say, setting the map to 50x50 hexes does not give me a height of 50. It's more like 15.  The top 2/3rds of the minimap are black and cannot be used.

Bruce Meyer

Apr 10, 2019, 9:13:52 PM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
I am using version 1.0. 9. I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on an Asus Rampage IV MB and a 4930k @ 4.2 ghz. My RAM is 32 gb (4x8) of G.Skill Trident X. My OS (and Mapforge) is running off of a 500gb PCIE NVME drive.

I am working with the Hex Tile add ons from the last Kickstarter for all these issues.

Mapforge is working for me but it is sluggish and every so often I get these Script errors and I have to restart the program. Note that I am trying to make a map in

I'm having issues with changing some of the parameters. For example if I set the width to 50 then the map goes black and I am unable to see anything, even after restarting the program. I have to return the width back to 32 (same as the height) to get the map back.

I'm also having issues with the snap to grid function I have been looking for a good "snap to grid" increment but nothing seems to get the hex tiles to line up correctly with each other when creating an area with several hex tiles.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Heruca

Apr 10, 2019, 9:19:29 PM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
It sounds like MapForge might be choking on a too-large and too high-res map canvas. Have you tried lowering the resolution to 50 or 100? That should help with the speed, too.

Once you've selected the Hex grid type (in Map Settings), there should be an option near the bottom to Snap-to-hex. Have you set that. On hex maps, that is used for snapping rather than the Snap Increment (unless you disable snap-to-hex, in which case it will be snapping to a square grid and things won't line up most of the time.

Heruca

Apr 10, 2019, 9:20:42 PM4/10/19
to MapForge User Group
The idea is to make your layout in low res, but Export the final map in high res (200 or 256 pixels per hex).