Gutenberg issues thread

suefernandes

Dec 10, 2018, 8:30:12 AM12/10/18
to Manchester WordPress User Group
Thought it might be helpful to post my initial issues, noticed after updating a couple of sites to Gutenberg:

1. Gravity Forms shortcode didn't work when added within a columns block.  Activating the Gravity Forms Gutenberg addon fixed this though by creating a Gravity Forms block.
2. The Events Calendar by Tribe.  Despite claiming to be Gutenberg ready, activating the block editor through their settings gave me 'this site does not support Tribe blocks' errors on the editing screen and a blank screen when trying to create a new Event.  Luckily disabling the block editor reverts back to the classic editing screen for this plugin.

Anyone else done any testing and want to share issues/warnings/fixes?

Sue

John Ossoway

Dec 11, 2018, 8:06:19 AM12/11/18
to manchester-word...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for posting these, Sue.

I'd add to this list that another events manager plugin has been having compatibility issues with the new block editor, and have posted about it here: https://wp-events-plugin.com/blog/2018/12/06/wordpress-5-0-and-gutenberg-compatibility

--
See the group blog at https://mwug.uk

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/manchester-wordpress-user-group
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Manchester WordPress User Group" group.

John Ossoway

Designer/Developer

www.ragingtrifle.com | @ottomancer | Skype: jossoway