Public Libility Insurance

Grumpy Mike

Jul 12, 2012, 12:02:44 PM7/12/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
I carry responsibility for my own public liability. This has always been sufficient in the other Maker Fairs I have attended. Is it different at this one?

Iain Sharp

Jul 13, 2012, 8:51:01 AM7/13/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Yes please can we have a clarification on the public liability question.

The info pack suggests you are requiring PL insurance but this has not been stated as a requirement previously.

If this is a requirement then I am sorry to say that you can count me out.

Regards

Iain

Andrew Dutton

Jul 13, 2012, 10:18:29 AM7/13/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

The team at MOSI are working on this.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration, this is the first time MOSI have hosted anything like this so there's bound to be a few little niggles to sort along the way!

Thanks
Andy

nop head

Jul 13, 2012, 10:42:21 AM7/13/12
On 13 July 2012 15:18, Andrew Dutton <andrew...@googlemail.com> wrote:
Hi guys

The team at MOSI are working on this.

Sorry for any confusion or frustration, this is the first time MOSI have hosted anything like this so there's bound to be a few little niggles to sort along the way!

Little niggle!

There are three of us on one stall and and it isn't clear to me whether we all need PL at £43.85 each, or one policy with two employees at £94.33. Either way if I had know this up front I wouldn't have considered exhibiting.

Andrew Dutton

Jul 13, 2012, 10:58:05 AM7/13/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
We're working on it guys, it will be sorted.

Thanks
Andy

Jordan Cropper

Jul 14, 2012, 11:13:07 AM7/14/12
to manchester-mini...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

A clarification of the PLI issue has been posted on the website, hopefully this should clear up the issue.

http://makerfairemanchester.com/public-liability-insurance/

This isn't to do with us, it's the policy of the institution hosting the event. We're not trying to make this difficult for you or put extra hurdles in the way for our own amusement; we know that without you this whole event would be impossible.

Hope this helps resolve the matter,

Jordan
Message has been deleted