morse code blinker

Joe O'Donnell

Aug 23, 2012, 9:58:05 PM8/23/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Kandra and Joe for testing out the morse code blinker to android connection. And welcome to the club Kandra, Jonas and Daniel. Here is the msp430 source code:

https://github.com/galabad/mspmorse

This led device blinks the users twitter url in morse code, for about $1 in parts. The morse coded url will hopefully be capturable by some smart phone app that can decode morse code flashes. The one we tested out didn't work well enough for a led. The idea is that ingenuity fest attendees will solder or wire wrap these 5 component devices, and wear them as either badges or on top of their hats. Than passersby will use the smart phone app to get a link to the wearer's twitter feed, from a greater distance than with a qr code, and also at night. All the cool kids at Ingenuity fest will have a morse code blinking light on top of their heads.

It may be possible to make the phone app by filtering out only blinks of a certain color, in a steady part of the camera frame, with a certain blink speed.

If you missed the demo of the working water cannon/h2o laser like device, you could probably see it this Saturday or Tuesday.

Today I am one year older than 'the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.'

Dave Walton

Aug 24, 2012, 9:51:47 AM8/24/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking about making some tabouli for Saturday. Does anyone have some fresh mint they can bring? Maybe a cup or two when chopped? I'll bring a knife and cutting board.

Thanks

--Dave Walton

Robert McTrusty

Aug 24, 2012, 10:47:35 AM8/24/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
thanks dave a favorite of mine.
wish i had some mint for you

Damon Ramsey

Aug 24, 2012, 12:12:52 PM8/24/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com

Dave,
There is fresh, sweet mint growing and flowering in the LaunchHouse garden. I don't know who to ask, but I'm sure something could be arranged. :)

:Damon