New low-cost embedded Cortex-A8 board: Cubieboard

Corwin Harris

Sep 9, 2012, 3:16:05 AM9/9/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com

Joe Gorse

Sep 10, 2012, 12:51:09 PM9/10/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com, makersa...@googlegroups.com
"How much will it cost?

An ARM and a leg?!"

And thus began the Pun War of 2012.

Sent from my mobile phone

On Sep 9, 2012, at 3:16, Corwin Harris <corwin...@gmail.com> wrote:

Joe O'Donnell

Sep 10, 2012, 1:26:44 PM9/10/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
 I found it listed somewhere for $50. It's specs are about double the $25 Raspberry pi. When the 80 Mhz Stellaris is released, it may be capable of running a stripped down Linux with the addition of an sdcard and/or fram chip, for about $10 or less in parts.

 If any one knows how to connect usb devices to android phones, it would be most fortuitous if you showed up tomorrow, because I am working on connecting a droid phone to a usb motor controller. You will be rewarded with beer, a wonderful sense of having aided society and the priceless company of hackers.

--- On Mon, 9/10/12, Joe Gorse <jhg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Joe Gorse

Sep 10, 2012, 1:51:59 PM9/10/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
Joe O.,

The IOIO is a good place to start that quest.

Cheers,
Joe G.

Joe Gorse

Joe O'Donnell

Sep 11, 2012, 11:04:33 AM9/11/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
 Thanks for the info, this board appears to be the only way to connect pre 3.1 Android devices to io using usb. Has any one gotten the Android 3.1+ usb java libraries to work with a device like a keyboard? Or ideally a usb to serial terminal connection? Has any one tried skype on a droid tablet and been happy with it? I'm working on a telepresence robot.

Joe

Joe O'Donnell

Sep 12, 2012, 7:50:44 PM9/12/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
 Does anyone know how to access the google hangout displaying the camera feed? I can see the post listing it, but I haven't found any links to the camera display.

https://plus.google.com/110969992689983003263/posts

Corwin Harris

Sep 13, 2012, 12:48:45 PM9/13/12
to makersa...@googlegroups.com
I think it went offline due to inactivity. It was kinda a hack and needs to be rewired, reconfigured. I think there's also some additional config options for feeds versus hangouts. Anyhow, I'll fix it when I get in this afternoon.