Interesting level setting technique

Jin Choi

Mar 2, 2014, 4:31:53 PM3/2/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
A friend has introduced me to an interesting z height setting technique which I had not seen previously. He deliberately sets his z-height too high, then uses the time the skirt is being laid down to manually lower it by clicking the z stepper down with the knob. The advantage is he can switch beds easily without worrying about end stop adjustment. The disadvantage is he cannot start a print unattended, but who does that?

jimc

Mar 2, 2014, 11:48:23 PM3/2/14
to make...@googlegroups.com
very interesting. never really thought about that one

Bryan Boettcher

Mar 2, 2014, 11:50:03 PM3/2/14
to make...@googlegroups.com

That's what I do when switching between hotends...