Sprinter for Prusa (5:1)

Rick Pollack

Jun 2, 2012, 10:51:17 AM6/2/12
to MakerGear
This is Sprinter configured for a Prusa with a 5:1 extruder motor.
SprinterFor5to1Extruder.zip

Joshua Wills

Aug 20, 2012, 2:48:06 PM8/20/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
If you have Acme threaded rods for the Z axis, use this Configuration.h file instead of the one bundled above - it has the Z steps/mm set correctly for Acme rods, at 2015.748031496063 steps/mm.
Configuration.h

Jay Summet

Jan 27, 2013, 10:28:11 PM1/27/13
to make...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, December 22, 2012 11:44:52 PM UTC-5, Jim wrote:
I'm pretty sure I don't have the Acme rods so this is probably the right one.  How do I know if I have the 5:1 extruder motor?

If you try and extrude 5mm and instead it pushes out 25mm (about an inch)  (or the opposite, you ask to push out 5 mm and it only does 1mm) then you are using the wrong constant in the configuration file. (Also, visually the 5:1 has a gearbox mounted to the stepper that reduces the stepper output by a factor of 5:1).

The correct axis_steps_per_unit for the 5:1 extruder is: 471.5

(I also found out that I have the acme rods.....after printing a printout that is extra tall ;>)
Jay

Fred

Apr 23, 2013, 2:22:46 PM4/23/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I have a Prusa Mendel form Makergear that is just over a year old. I finally got back to it, what is the current firmware that I should be running, and where can I either find a compiled version or instructions on compiling? I've forgotten a lot in the last year.
Thanks
Fred

Rob

Dec 15, 2018, 1:58:26 PM12/15/18
to MakerGear - Make Today, Change Tomorrow
I have a makergear mendel that i finally just finished(after work and life etc got in the way for 6+ years) and i cant find a sprinter config that works.  i downloaded the 5 to 1 above, but its asking for a "wprogram.h" that doesnt seem to exist in this file.. can anyone point me to a good sprinter version.config that still works with mendel?