Am I missing a part? (Rep 2)

Ryan Gerrish

Dec 22, 2012, 9:37:59 PM12/22/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
While greasing my Z-axis threaded rod, I noticed there is no support bushing or bearing at the top- I can move the rod side to side. Is this normal, or is there a piece missing? It seems like there should be something in there!

IMAG0196.jpg

Andrew Plumb

Dec 22, 2012, 10:06:02 PM12/22/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Yes that's normal.  Only the smooth rods need to be anchored on both ends.  The threaded rod runs unconstrained so it doesn't bind for any reason, which was a *huge* problem with the old Cupcake design.

Andrew.

--

<IMAG0196.jpg>

--

"The future is already here.  It's just not very evenly distributed" -- William Gibson

Me: http://clothbot.com/wiki/

whpthomas

Dec 23, 2012, 2:38:07 AM12/23/12
to make...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for explaining this Andrew, I had wondered as much.