I have an Nvidia GPU, will new makerware work?

Bryon Miller

Oct 1, 2013, 10:35:33 AM10/1/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I want to upgrade to the new Makerware 2.3 but I read about people not being able to use it because of gfx issues.  If we have Nvidia gfx drivers, is it better to wait until they fix something?  Is this software specifically having issues with Nvidia drivers?

I.E.  what gfx cards are you guys using and does this software work on your systems?

Nvidia
Ati

etc....

I have Nvidia and I have read from other users, more than one occassion, that nvidia drivers and the new release are not working properly.  Is this accurate?  And does this follow suit for ATI drivers as well?

TaErog

Oct 1, 2013, 11:45:36 AM10/1/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I tried . . no work with current Nvidia driver and the new beta.  Have not tried with others as I do not have access to any at this time.

Clarification, it will load and display the window and menus but not show any 3d graphics, so it seems yes a driver problem.

big_red_frog

Oct 1, 2013, 11:55:52 PM10/1/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
Worth noting I reported the issue to Makerbot support of the grey window, which I believe is an incompatibility with latest nvidia drivers, although I haven't chopped myself to prove.

They acknowledge the issue, are working on it, and recommended I stay with 2.2.2 at this time.

Peter Groen

Oct 2, 2013, 5:15:59 AM10/2/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that the MakerFair 2.3.0.4 does not work with the latest nvidea drivers. Yesterday I installed the new Makerware and it worked perfectly. This morning I installed the new nvidea drivers where i got an notification for. Since then MakerWare only shows an gray area and the menu bar. Hopefully there will be an solution soon.

Jetguy

Oct 2, 2013, 7:15:14 AM10/2/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, the Mac version works fine on my MacBook Air. Haven't tried it yet on win 7 in both parallels on the Mac or my Asus g72 which also has Nvidia graphics.

Damian Gto

Oct 2, 2013, 12:26:28 PM10/2/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
They are working on it. I send my data to them and they recommend to use the older version until it has been worked out.
I just think its a simple routine that is changed on newer version of the driver.
I would not be surprised if they use older drivers them self. Its common on company to use older stuff. lol

Robert

Oct 3, 2013, 7:57:55 PM10/3/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I got it to work but! you have to downgrade your Nvidia driver to 320.00 link: http://www.geforce.com/drivers and also you have to change to colors in the settings menu to get the preview to work.. hope this helps.. let me know if you can get other drivers to work but 320.00 works for me, running windows 7 64bit.... GTX 480sli intel 720

Chris Crewdson

Oct 3, 2013, 9:28:15 PM10/3/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I am also having this issue. I was excited for 2.3. :(

Count Spatula

Oct 4, 2013, 8:04:59 AM10/4/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I dropped my nvidia driver back to 320 or 310 and the interface works but the preview is black. It's a workaround if you really want to use 2.3.

Bryon Miller

Oct 5, 2013, 1:01:39 PM10/5/13
to make...@googlegroups.com
I tried it out anyway.  I guess since I don't play PC games much at all  anymore, I haven't upgraded my Nvidia drivers in a while and I still have older drivers.  I like it so far, but I need to figure out how to change the colors of the preview because it's all black.  The estimated print time is off, at least the printer prints faster than the estimate though...