MACHIAS SEAL ISLAND REPORT

RALPH ELDRIDGE

Mar 28, 2015, 3:39:07 PM3/28/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com

The handful of ROBINS, that feed around our lawn yesterday seem to have moved on, replaced by two (2) separate KILLDEER.
I figured that the plovers must be hard pressed to find insects but they seemed to glean enough to hang around.
I did see them each find a couple winter-preserved earth worms (drown in our catch basin and frozen in until a few days ago).

No real activity with the Alcids, just a few  RAZORBILLS hanging about.

Today also saw a few GREAT CORMORANTS moving east, the first, small flocks that I've noticed this Spring.

HARLEQUIN DUCKS, as usual, have been demonstrating their surf techniques all day. One of their daily feeding spots is the shoreline directly in front of the house so it's comfortable viewing just out the kitchen window every day, any time.