Site fidelity

Don and Sherry Reimer

Jul 24, 2014, 8:38:54 AM7/24/14
to Doug Hitchcox
Wearing a blue leg band with white lettering, ring-billed gull F2Z was spotted atop his favored lamp post/parking lot area behind Rockland DHHS office this morning. He was the only gull present at the time. This is his third consecutive season at this site. In earlier summer, this gull is typically found on his nesting island outside of Montreal.

Don

duch...@midmaine.com

Jul 24, 2014, 8:16:19 PM7/24/14
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Seth Benz and I are having an interesting time with a 5-day tour Downeast.
Some oddities have popped up. Yesterday was the first time I've ever
encountered a puffin at Quoddy Head State Park. Today we had a female
bufflehead in the lagoon behind Roque Bluffs State Park. I don't recall
ever getting a July bufflehead. A pectoral sandpiper was in the distant
pannes off the Addison boat ramp. Later we had a black-billed cuckoo
behind the blueberry fields on Pea Ridge Road in Columbia.

But we missed upland sandpiper there today. We believe they should still
be around for a little while longer, but if anyone has records of their
usual departure time, please reply off list.

Bob Duchesne