Pectoral Sandpipers - Sebasticook Lake, Newport

John Wyatt & Debbie Ryan

Sep 26, 2014, 3:02:54 PM9/26/14
to Maine Birds
The water level is being drawn down at Sebasticook and some decent sized mudflats are now exposed.  North-west of the Durham Bridge at the northern end of the lake there was a flock of 46 Pectoral  Sandpipers this morning.  And, I counted 56 Wood Ducks, most south of the bridge.

Good Birding,
John

tom A

Oct 1, 2014, 7:29:25 PM10/1/14
to maine...@googlegroups.com
There were plenty of birds in the same area today; mostly ducks with pintails, a wigeon, and a huge flock of Green-winged Teal among them.  I could only find about 8 Pecs along with some Killdeer on the flats but did have a flock of what looked like Pluvialis plovers flying high above the lake.  I heard what I thought was a Golden so keep your eyes peeled if you make it up there.

Good birding,
tom