Black-throated Green

Don Thompson

Nov 18, 2014, 2:37:07 PM11/18/14
to maine...@googlegroups.com
This morning I was startled to see a Black-throated Green in a bush outside the living room window. (North Gorham) It searched for insects and then flew around the corner not to be seen again.

Tony Federer

Nov 19, 2014, 3:39:30 PM11/19/14
to maine...@googlegroups.com
In November and December, a "black-throated green warbler" in Maine or New Hampshire is just as likely to be a Townsends warbler (see Ebird records). I know how close the resemblance can be because I first thought the bird on my suet in Durham NH in December 1981 was a BTGreen, but on a closer look it turned out to be the first NH record of Townsends. So keep looking for it - these Nov-Dec Townsends tend to stick around a long time.

John Wyatt & Debbie Ryan

Nov 19, 2014, 4:17:52 PM11/19/14
to Maine Birds, compas...@gmail.com
I can echo Tony’s statement.  When a Townsend’s Warbler (TOWA) showed up at our feeder in Nov. 2012 my first thought was Black-throated Green Warbler (BTNW) as well.

-John