Cherryfield Snow Goose?

Joel Wilcox

Nov 6, 2012, 9:33:49 AM11/6/12
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

i think this is a blue morph juvenile Snow Goose. Could someone please confirm or deny my attempt to ID?

The bird was with c. 30 Canada Geese in the farm field north of Willey District Rd. and just west of Wing Siding Rd. I saw it yesterday (11/05) PM in fading light, went back this morning and still there. Unfortunately the flock got tired of me and took off after a while.

I hope this photo does not use too much bandwidth, or whatever you call it. I’ll open a Flickr account or an equivalent as soon as I figure out how to do that.

Joel Wilcox
Cherryfield
IMG_0218.jpg

Smith, Michael

Nov 6, 2012, 9:43:07 AM11/6/12
to Joel Wilcox, maine...@googlegroups.com

Looks like a Pink-footed Goose to me!  Great bird!

===============================
Michael Smith
State GIS Manager, Maine Office of GIS
State of Maine, Office of Information Technology
michael.smith _at_ maine.gov
207-215-5530

Board Member, Maine GeoLibrary
Board Member, Maine GIS Users Group
State Rep, National States Geographic Information Council
icons

***NOTE NEW ADDRESS***

State House Station 145
51 Commerce Drive
Augusta, ME 04333-0145
69o 47' 58.9"W  44o 21' 54.8"N

rob speirs

Nov 6, 2012, 11:30:06 AM11/6/12
to Joel Wilcox, maine...@googlegroups.com
Joel,''It looks like you could have a pink footed goose...did you you see the legs and feet,,,were they bubble gum pink?  The pink on bill and blueish cast to its back suggest a very possible PFGO...any other pics?  Rob

--
IMG_0218.jpg