My presumptive, arrogant smartphone

rob speirs

Dec 20, 2014, 4:14:36 PM12/20/14
to Maine birds
Earlier today I posted, or so I thought, three Northern Shovelers at Riverfront/walk Park on the Presumpscot River in Westbrook.

This may sound familiar to many, for when I typed "Three Northern Shoveler"" my arrogant little I'm-smarter-than-you-phone reasoned that, "oh no, he couldn't possibly mean Three. I know with certainty he must have meant to type "There", and went ahead and, without my permission, changed it. As a result, my post went out as "There Northern Shoveler". To be fair, they (the ducks) were "there", in the river, and I was "there", and my wife and our two Granddaughters were "there", but regardless of how many of us were there, there were still THREE Northern Shovelers....there.

I've put the phone in the corner and am letting it discharge, and will not use it again until I hear one of its more expressive tones, signalling remorse.

My point?......If any posts on this sight seem nonsensical, figure an arrogant little smartphone is behind it.....unless of course, it isn't.

Rob Speirs
Cumberland