PWM Snowy

Rob O'Connell

Feb 27, 2015, 11:29:27 PM2/27/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Was out getting something near the mall and decided to take a night time ride by the airport to see if I could spot the SNOWY OWL that has been there on my recent visits. Lo and behold it was there not too far from the first access road to the runway just past the driveway in to National Semiconductor. It was on top of the large pile of snow that is there. Did not seem to mind me taking a couple of photos. Snowy Owl Photo

Bill Blauvelt

Feb 28, 2015, 3:12:12 PM2/28/15
to Rob O'Connell, Doug Hitchcox
Thank you for this post Rob. We took our visitors from away over to look for it today around 2:30. Sure enough, there he was near the Texas Instruments building sitting on big pile of snow.

Bill Blauvelt

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 11:29 PM, Rob O'Connell <flash...@gmail.com> wrote:
Was out getting something near the mall and decided to take a night time ride by the airport to see if I could spot the SNOWY OWL that has been there on my recent visits. Lo and behold it was there not too far from the first access road to the runway just past the driveway in to National Semiconductor. It was on top of the large pile of snow that is there. Did not seem to mind me taking a couple of photos. Snowy Owl Photo

Anita Whitney

Mar 6, 2015, 11:46:12 AM3/6/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com, flash...@gmail.com
Hi everyone!  I'm new to the land of birding and this group but I was wondering if the Snowy Owl that had been seen near the jetport was still hanging around or if anyone had seen one anywhere else recently?  My wife has been talking about them for weeks now and I'd love it if we could finally see one!  Thanks for the help! - Anita

Anita Whitney

Mar 8, 2015, 9:27:29 AM3/8/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for all the tips and especially your help Rob! We were able to track the Snowy Owl down at the jetport this afternoon! Too far away for a decent pic with our current cameras but we were so excited just to get to see it! Thanks again! - Anita

Carina

Mar 9, 2015, 7:48:49 PM3/9/15
to maine...@googlegroups.com
I stopped by on Sunday afternoon around 4:30 and spotted TWO at the airport. I didn't get any pictures bcause they were both quite active and flying. Are they quite territorial?